Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Pythons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pythons-Breeding Forum

Mysticfish   Snowrider   Mysticfish   Snowrider   Mysticfish   Snowrider  
 Member  Message

Mysticfish
View Profile

BP Breeding Question

Last month my BPís were together for a cage change and low and behold when I came back to put the visitor back into itís home they were locked, and for a few hours this continued. So I figured why not and let them co-habituate for a a couple weeks. More locks were seen.
Now the question because this is new to me. How long before I know for sure if my female is gravid? And how long for eggs? Iíve read up on it but would like someone experienced to comment just to be sure. Thanks in advance.

10/20/07  10:45am

Snowrider
View Profile

Message To: Mysticfish   In reference to Message Id: 1484260

BP Breeding Question

Read though this Link It is pretty much dead on.

10/20/07  11:02pm

Mysticfish
View Profile

Message To: Snowrider   In reference to Message Id: 1484914

BP Breeding Question

thanks for the link but I am looking for more of a time line and other signs of being gravid

10/23/07  01:02am

Snowrider
View Profile

Message To: Mysticfish   In reference to Message Id: 1487252

BP Breeding Question

Look at the bright colored squares at bottom of the page. That is the timeline. And Markus did a great Job pionting out the Signs of being gravid. Ie the Glow, Laying inverted, Spotting ovulation.

10/23/07  02:00am

Mysticfish
View Profile

Message To: Snowrider   In reference to Message Id: 1487274

BP Breeding Question

So I have read the page over and over and still have some questions. First lock was seen on Sept. 9th as well as a second lock on the 13th, no locks since have been seen. If the ones I saw did the job, should I have eggs by now? She also shed 6 days ago. She is brighter in color but she gets brighter with every shed sheís had so I canít really say for sure if itís "glow" Sheís also thicker by a little but sheís not missed a meal. I just donít know I guess. I think I said this before but it was an unplanned lock the first time and just letting them do their thing after,as I was not really prepared for breeding yet.
I know the people with experience get sick of these questions but I feel compelled to ask since my pairing is no where near the time lines.

11/17/07  11:12pm

Snowrider
View Profile

Message To: Mysticfish   In reference to Message Id: 1517823

BP Breeding Question

If they were locked in Sep. its about two months early so just bump the shedule ahead. Also you should follow the routine outlined IE drop temps,continue to pair up and so on. Keep track of the shed cycles as they are the best time line. She will gain weight through out the process but when and if she ovulates you will know. It is a long process. If you need any help just send me a PM and Iíll give you my email.

11/18/07  12:56am

Back to Pythons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area