Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum

How_goes_it   CentralMayhem   How_goes_it   How_goes_it  
 Member  Message

How_goes_it
View Profile

New Blood

Thats my new female Sumatran Red Blood from Bob Clark. She’s pretty well tempered she’s had one strike so far but she’s not bad. I have her on cypress in a 20gal with 2 hides and a large waterbowl. Using a sheet of plexiglass with holes melted in it to keep humidity. My acurite thermometer is reading 69% humidity with 84 degrees warm spot.

08/20/06  03:01pm

CentralMayhem
View Profile

Message To: How_goes_it   In reference to Message Id: 948551

New Blood

watch out with that cypress mulch. its good for humidity but my blood tended to burrow in it and was getting the stuff stuck in her gums and teeth. i had to remove the stuff by tweezer while holding her head. she wasnt the happiest but she never tried to get aggresive. nice snake though. very crisp looking. thanks for sharing. and id try newspaper or paper towels for you substrate if she starts to have problems.

08/20/06  08:29pm

How_goes_it
View Profile

Message To: CentralMayhem   In reference to Message Id: 949053

New Blood

Ya that was my plan. If she at all gets problems with it getting in her mouth I’ll switch asap.

08/20/06  10:31pm

How_goes_it
View Profile

Message To: How_goes_it   In reference to Message Id: 949241

New Blood

Update. She’s doing well. Not burrowing at all. Her temps and humidity are very steady fluctuating only a few degrees/percent each direction. She’s very comfortable with my being in the cage not strike or getting defensive. I haven’t handled her but twice on the first day when I got her out of her box and when I rearranged her cage.

08/22/06  12:47am

Back to Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area