Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum

C-Dog   SnakeGuy89   ES_Tropicals   ES_Tropicals   ES_Tropicals   ES_Tropicals   C-Dog   Snakey68   C-Dog   SnakeGuy89   C-Dog   Snakey68   C-Dog   Snakey68   C-Dog   SnakeGuy89   Snakey68   SnakeGuy89   Snakey68   SnakeGuy89   Snakey68   C-Dog   Snakey68   C-Dog   C-Dog   Snakey68   U1sickboy   PURP_HAZE_KILLA_CAM   SnakeGuy89   Snakey68  
Pages 1 2 Next
 Member  Message

C-Dog
View Profile

Know of any good breeders

Blood pythons have always been a species i have wanted to keep and having some solid snake years under my belt im looking to purchase a pair of hatchlings does anyone kno of some good breeders?

06/04/06  08:50pm

SnakeGuy89
View Profile

Message To: C-Dog   In reference to Message Id: 819403

I donít know if she sells, but the forum blood expert Amelia (Es_Tropicals) has some fantastic specimens. Kara and Kevin on New England Herps have some nice animals too (I donít know about their prices though). Some private breeders have really nice bloods. Just make sure youíve done your research. Iíve got a little male blood and Iím currently deciding whether or not to get a girl for him or not, but if I do, Iíll definitely check out the aforementioned places.

06/04/06  10:59pm

ES_Tropicals
View Profile

Message To: SnakeGuy89   In reference to Message Id: 819576

I can say Im only (attempting) to move a male black baby right now so I can trade up for a bit darker animal (im nuts and the blacker I can have blacks the more I like them). I can rattle off a bit of a list of people with bloods and short tails..it all depends on who you are looking for, feel free to shoot me a PM though if you would like, I am always willing to help out in any way I can, info, where to look for what, and so on.

-Amelia
ES Tropicals

06/05/06  05:52pm

ES_Tropicals
View Profile

I can say Im only (attempting) to move a male black baby right now so I can trade up for a bit darker animal (im nuts and the blacker I can have blacks the more I like them). I can rattle off a bit of a list of people with bloods and short tails..it all depends on who you are looking for, feel free to shoot me a PM though if you would like, I am always willing to help out in any way I can, info, where to look for what, and so on.

-Amelia
ES Tropicals

06/05/06  05:53pm

ES_Tropicals
View Profile

-Amelia
ES Tropicals

06/05/06  06:01pm

ES_Tropicals
View Profile

-Amelia
ES Tropicals

06/05/06  06:02pm

C-Dog
View Profile

Message To: ES_Tropicals   In reference to Message Id: 820617

Alright Amelia i aded u on aim so hopefully i will get to talk to you so u can send me some names of some good breeders, hope to talk to you soon.

Cody

06/05/06  07:20pm

Snakey68
View Profile

Message To: C-Dog   In reference to Message Id: 820791

www.bobclark.com has some nice bloods I have had a couple from there.

06/11/06  06:01am

C-Dog
View Profile

Message To: Snakey68   In reference to Message Id: 828449

Bob clark doesent have any of the ones i want right now, i emailed them. But there stuff does look good i jus got my first little male he is a sumatran i bouthg him at lll reptiles ill get pics of him later

06/12/06  03:19pm

SnakeGuy89
View Profile

Message To: C-Dog   In reference to Message Id: 830180

You fed the monster.

06/13/06  05:34pm

C-Dog
View Profile

Message To: SnakeGuy89   In reference to Message Id: 831904

yep i fed him one large mouse second day i had him. I love him very pleased with him and blood pythons in general got some pics of him

06/13/06  08:33pm

Snakey68
View Profile

Message To: C-Dog   In reference to Message Id: 832166

nice pics C-Dog mine were very snappy at that size as they are prone to being like alot of young snakes, but they are very docile now.

You can see pics of mine in some of the threads underneath this one.

06/14/06  05:53am

C-Dog
View Profile

Message To: Snakey68   In reference to Message Id: 832684

yeah mine is to, at the store they used a hook to get him out lol. i read that you just got to be confident when you hold these guys and not try to control the head, it seems to be working for me i havent gotten bit yet but ikno its only a matter of time lol.

06/14/06  03:21pm

Snakey68
View Profile

Message To: C-Dog   In reference to Message Id: 833233

haha yeah it may well be just a matter of time but to be honest while they can be snappy I have never been bitten yet by my Bloods and I have had them a few years.

You do need to be confident , when I am getting them out if the younger one looks to be going to strike I will place a newspaper over her head and lift her out , once she is out she calms down.

Yeah never control the head thats right, you will have a very twisty angry animal coiling round you or your hand. That applies to all snakes to keep them calm you have to let them think they have freedom to move where they want.

06/15/06  04:32am

C-Dog
View Profile

Message To: Snakey68   In reference to Message Id: 834210

yes thats very true, well im gonna get my female this weekend :) posibly two for sure one though there such cool snakes. lll reptiles got pair for 189 and individuals for 99

06/15/06  06:38pm

SnakeGuy89
View Profile

Message To: C-Dog   In reference to Message Id: 834950

There are so many better places to shop rather than LLL.

06/16/06  01:53pm

Snakey68
View Profile

Message To: SnakeGuy89   In reference to Message Id: 835892

probably be more helpful if you told him what places are better if there are so many better dont you think ?

06/17/06  05:54am

SnakeGuy89
View Profile

Message To: Snakey68   In reference to Message Id: 836820

Well if you read the thread you would know that I posted a list at the very beginning. "I wouldnít order any animals from LLL just based on the fact that LLL brokers their animals. When you have a mix of WC and CB animals coming from all sorts of places being sold with a quick turnaround, the health and condition of what you order is going to be a hit or miss."-Xelda on B.O.I

06/17/06  02:50pm

Snakey68
View Profile

Message To: SnakeGuy89   In reference to Message Id: 837238

sorry buddy I was only suggesting you help a bit more with list of places that you said were available.

I read the thread and didnít see any list by you hence I suggested you offer one.

I still dont see any list I must be going blind, I only see a mention of one place and the amiable Amelia as a reference.

No offense meant btw , I agree with your comments above about the CB and WC doesnít sound like a good place to buy a reptile from at all.

06/17/06  03:06pm

SnakeGuy89
View Profile

Message To: Snakey68   In reference to Message Id: 837256

Quote:

I donít know if she sells, but the forum blood expert Amelia (Es_Tropicals) has some fantastic specimens. Kara and Kevin on New England Herps have some nice animals too (I donít know about their prices though). Some private breeders have really nice bloods. Just make sure youíve done your research.

Sorry about coming off so pissy, today just has been a little rough.

06/17/06  04:13pm

Snakey68
View Profile

Message To: SnakeGuy89   In reference to Message Id: 837309

no problem mate, all is well in the snake house, we all have them days dont we ? Pissy Hissy days ...lol

I hope to share my experience and what little knowledge I have accumulated over the years keeping and breeding snakes.

I often speak before thinking and I guess I came off a bit abrupt, no harm meant anyway.

06/17/06  07:52pm

C-Dog
View Profile

Message To: Snakey68   In reference to Message Id: 837528

SnakeGuy89, Snakey68 i didnt purchase my animals from lll because i like them im not stupid ive heard the storys ive bought bad stuff from them myslef. It just so happens to be they are 45 minutes from my home and prehistoric pets doesnt have any and neither does amazon reptile center the only other local places i would buy from. i was going to do the online thing it was turning out to be to expensive most people didnt have any or i couldnt get a hold of them, the place i origonally wanted to purchase from pro exotics the ones that inspired me with bloods didnt have any and wont be in the future either they sold their breeding stock to vpi and nerd so no mor pe, and nerd wouldn email me back so whatever my animals havent given me any problems so far but if they do i will be sure to let you kno, oh yeah and there not wc i hate wc to many problems mine are farmraised not that there better than cb but havent had any problems with good quality farmraised before.

shes got this weird carmel stripe thing goin on none of the other ones i looked at did.

06/18/06  09:10pm

Snakey68
View Profile

Message To: C-Dog   In reference to Message Id: 838796

nice little snake mate, very nice colour. good luck with it. I had to get mine flown from USA to Scotland so thats pretty good you have a short drive to get yours.

06/19/06  05:21am

C-Dog
View Profile

Message To: Snakey68   In reference to Message Id: 839279

thanks, was it expensive getting your herps to scotland? i think i saw a pic of ur snakes in another thread they were on the gravel i think pritty nice.

06/19/06  10:11pm

C-Dog
View Profile

Message To: Snakey68   In reference to Message Id: 839279

thanks, was it expensive getting your herps to scotland? i think i saw a pic of ur snakes in another thread they were on the gravel i think pritty nice.

06/19/06  10:11pm

Snakey68
View Profile

Message To: C-Dog   In reference to Message Id: 840552

It was not too bad to get them over I paid something like £300 all in.

Yeah that is my snakes on teh gravel both came from Bob Clark centre.

06/20/06  10:54am

U1sickboy
View Profile

Message To: Snakey68   In reference to Message Id: 841138

I have a few VPI line Borneo Striped Bloods for sale

06/22/06  11:05pm

PURP_HAZE_KILLA_CAM
View Profile

Message To: U1sickboy   In reference to Message Id: 846349

i was wondering how much a blood would cost in the states, not in a pet store ar anything liek that but at a reptiel show what do they run around

06/23/06  08:39pm

SnakeGuy89
View Profile

Message To: PURP_HAZE_KILLA_CAM   In reference to Message Id: 848180

100-200$. They are not a good beginner snake.

06/24/06  02:03pm

Snakey68
View Profile

Message To: SnakeGuy89   In reference to Message Id: 849258

yes I will agree with snakeguy89 , not a good beginner snake dont be in a rush to get one if you dont have some experience of pythons under your belt.

fabulous snakes but you do need experience.

06/24/06  07:22pm
Pages 1 2 Next

Back to Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area