Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum

SnakeGuy89   Gopedrcr2005   ES_Tropicals   SnakeGuy89   ES_Tropicals   Junior12084   Snakey68   SnakeGuy89  
 Member  Message

SnakeGuy89
View Profile

Enclosures

What brand of enclosure do you have for your Blood or Stp? Where did you get it from? Are you happy with it? Whatís your setup look like? Feel free to post pics!

-Chris

01/16/06  10:11pm

Gopedrcr2005
View Profile

Message To: SnakeGuy89   In reference to Message Id: 608923

Enclosures

i have 4x2x1 boaphile cages that my bloods are in.

01/18/06  05:36pm

ES_Tropicals
View Profile

Message To: Gopedrcr2005   In reference to Message Id: 611034

Enclosures

Those 4 ft ones are alright, for bloods to a certain size, for our adult borneos they definately donít work out with the floor space that she needs to have, we have other bloods and short tails in melamine enclosures (slowly getting out of all the remaining melamine stuff), and others in rack systems till a certain size, and then others in a 4 ft stack neodesha rack, I know they have to be at least 2 1/2 ft deep on those, I would have to measure them to be sure, I know others who also use certain size vision models among other types of plastics cages for their bloods/short tails.

-Amelia
ES Tropicals

01/18/06  06:41pm

SnakeGuy89
View Profile

Message To: ES_Tropicals   In reference to Message Id: 611115

Enclosures

I cannot find any Blood suiting cage that is more than 2 feet deep for the life of me.

01/18/06  10:59pm

ES_Tropicals
View Profile

Message To: SnakeGuy89   In reference to Message Id: 611505

Enclosures

I know vision makes cages more than 2 ft in depth, and I believe animal plastics do as well..probably numerous cage companies do, its just a matter of tracking them down if you are wanting to go with some good plastics cages, try browsing through the kingsnake.com classifieds in the caging section they have listed, you can find numerous dealers there advertising things they have, and typically links taking you to their sites as well to see all the various models that they may have, cage crafters I believe is in the process of doing cages for bloods and stpís as well, Im not sure the site is totally up and running, but they are in works with the blood bank for that I believe...or instead of brand new cages, you can find people advertising used models of various things here and there, depending on if they are in your area of course will see if you will be able to get some of those good cage deals too if they can not ship to you.

-Amelia
ES Tropicals

01/18/06  11:42pm

Junior12084
View Profile

Message To: ES_Tropicals   In reference to Message Id: 611547

Enclosures

You could get a 40 gallon breeder aquarium which is more ground space and less height. Would work really well depending on the size of your bp.

06/21/06  03:45pm

Snakey68
View Profile

Message To: Junior12084   In reference to Message Id: 843330

Enclosures

this will be interesting to see peoples set ups if they can get them posted up.

I got mine from my old workplace which was an old filter unit above a cleanroom suit environment.

I will get a pic up soon. Tank set up in mine is very simple to keep it easy to manage. hide spots in both ends of the tank and a water container big enough to allow the snake to fully submerge.

06/22/06  04:55am

SnakeGuy89
View Profile

Message To: Snakey68   In reference to Message Id: 844684

Enclosures

Woahh..Old Thread.

I went with Ameliaís advice and use Animal Plastics. They work very well and keep humidity and heat in with ease.

06/22/06  04:32pm

Back to Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area