Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum

K.C.   Evilsteve   LizardKing   LizardKing   Evilsteve   K.C.   Evilsteve   K.C.   Evilsteve   ES_Tropicals   Evilsteve  
 Member  Message

K.C.
View Profile

Stoked

Hey,
im new and im getting my first blood python on tuesday probably from raysreptilia.com i have done a lot of research and think i know just about what to do, but the only python i have ever had is a bp and im afraid that im going to mess up with the humidity or something worse. does anybody have any helpful advice on a first time blood owner?

01/13/06  09:00pm

Evilsteve
View Profile

Message To: K.C.   In reference to Message Id: 604694

Stoked

go to newenglandreptile.com they have a good care sheet about the bloods and it should help you out with everything you need.hope i helped they are a fun snake to watch and handle.

01/13/06  09:34pm

LizardKing
View Profile

Stoked

have you sent money yet? use extreme caution when dealing with rayís reptilia. if i were you i would shop elsewhere. a friend of mine got ripped of from them, and i have heard a lot of bad stuff about them. go to www.faunaclassifieds.com. check out the Board Of Inquiry, there is yet another complaint about rayís reptilia on there.

01/13/06  10:11pm

LizardKing
View Profile

Stoked

Ray ships snakes by way of the post office.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...ead.php?t=55524

Ray sends imported Male B.P. instead of CBB Female and steals pictures from N.E.R.D.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...ad.php?p=331966

Kids didnít get their frog.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...ead.php?t=73307

Ray double charges for shipping.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...ead.php?t=60965

theres a couple tothers too.

01/13/06  10:15pm

Evilsteve
View Profile

Message To: LizardKing   In reference to Message Id: 604819

Stoked

yeah i aggree i have heard nothing but bad things about ray i would try kingsnake.com or something like that you would have better luck then with ray just to be safe.i was going to buy a green anaconda from ray but heard to much bad things from people about him.

01/13/06  10:17pm

K.C.
View Profile

Message To: LizardKing   In reference to Message Id: 604833

Stoked

Crap i have already sent in my money!!! and he told me that these were third generation bloods. dangit i feel really stupid i hope he dosent screw me over. what do i do if he does? How do i get my money back?

01/13/06  10:50pm

Evilsteve
View Profile

Message To: K.C.   In reference to Message Id: 604892

Stoked

if he does try and screw you you can go to small calims court and sew him for it i would tell him that to if he rips you off.he would have to come to where you live for court or get an attorney.he proble tells people all sorts of things like 3rd generation bloods and stuff so he can scam them.i think thats why he has his reps so cheap.

01/13/06  11:20pm

K.C.
View Profile

Message To: Evilsteve   In reference to Message Id: 604946

Stoked

probably it only cost 130. but dosent small claims court cost money? i hope that he sends me what i asked for,and it be cb because i heard imports are unbearibly aggressive. maybe i should just buy one from somewhere else if i dont get her by tuesday what do you think? do you think that he will screw me over? maybe i should just cut my loses. i dont know

01/13/06  11:42pm

Evilsteve
View Profile

Message To: K.C.   In reference to Message Id: 604984

Stoked

when is he going to send the blood.if i were you i would tell him never mind and tell him to give your money back and go buy from some one else.yes small claims does cost some money not much i dont think but most likely you will get something out of him.as far as ripping you off im not sure people have been getting what they want but some have been getting ripped off so you got a 50/50 shot.i looked on kingsnake and saw a few bloods for 125 shipped you just have to look around and you can find some nice deals.but most likely it will proble be atleast 150 but its worth the money for a nice healthy cbb instead of a wc.have you tried reptibid they have a few on there right i think one for 175 shipped at 21/2ft and a 3ft for 220 shipped dont quote me on this i think thats what they were wonting for them.hope you get what you want from ray if you choose to use him or what ever happends.good luck.

01/14/06  12:02am

ES_Tropicals
View Profile

Message To: Evilsteve   In reference to Message Id: 605004

Stoked

I personally do not fancy reptibid myself, I prefer sites where people have to pay to at least post ads..the times I have dealt on reptibid have gone badly, and you can just see scams such as pictures taken off of someone elseís ads/sites and such.

-Amelia
ES Tropicals

01/14/06  10:30am

Evilsteve
View Profile

Message To: ES_Tropicals   In reference to Message Id: 605267

Stoked

i have bought a few things off reptibid you just have to find the right people to buy from you will proble will get scamed.i would rather buy from a breeder or some one like ben seigal or mike will banks i have heard good things about them but never bought from them yet.

01/14/06  05:16pm

Back to Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area