Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Coin   Takahiro111   Coin   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

Coin
View Profile

Interested in blood python

Hi, I’m interested in a blood python..

I currently have a 19 year old ball python, so I know how to approach/handle/feed etc etc..

I’m curious about the different sorts of blood and short tail pythons.

I would start off with a juvenile snake, but I’m not sure how much room I have to spare for when it grows, so some input on the maximum sizes of these snakes would be good. I heard 6-8 feet for female blood pythons, around 30 lbs they can reach, I’m not sure if short tails are smaller, that might be more appropriate. Any thoughts are appreciated.

09/28/14  08:28pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Coin   In reference to Message Id: 2310031

I’m not sure of short tails but bloods are aggressive and are really heavy and care has to be given when holding them...but their on a wayyy diffrent league then the average ball python not to mention the feeding response. Also I wouldn’t start off with a juvenile blood but all I know of short tails are their heavy like bloods. But for enclosures many people use tubs but are you plan on using a cage or tub??

09/28/14  09:22pm

Coin
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2310039

Thanks...

I would use a vivarium, I’m just trying to think ahead, so I have enough room for an adult.
I think females get larger in all pythons, than males.

Why is a juvenile a bad idea?
I actually meant something from hatchling to juvenile.

Thanks

09/29/14  09:07am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Coin   In reference to Message Id: 2310045

Wow now that you mention it any female python is always larger than males but I guess its because they gotta carry and support the eggs...I also didn’t know what you mean...sorry and I said getting a juvie blood isn’t a good idea because their already known to be aggressive so if you get a baby who can be nippy can grow into your smell easier than a juvie/adult.

09/29/14  11:13am

Back to Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area