Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum

Herpderp   Catfish_82   Squal   Tupi1   Tupi1   Harro741  
 Member  Message

Herpderp
View Profile

My first blood python Damien

Hello everyone, recently I got my first blood python, the cutest little guy appropriately named Damien. Now mind you my uncle, grandmother, and my mom’s boyfriend who all own snakes said he wasn’t the best for a beginner snake owner..but what better way to enter into the world of snake owning then to jump in head first?

Damien was a bit of a challenge in the beginning , what with his temper and all, I was nearly bitten several times, but it did not stop me from reaching in there to pick him up, I was just as stubborn as he was. After a few days he calmed down enough to let me reach in without striking, he just hissed a lot. Now several weeks later, I have no problem getting him out, he makes no noise and really has become such a sweetheart.

I’ve heard a lot about their mean streaks and it was quite surprising to everyone in my family how sweet he is, they all expected more fight from him. My uncle says we’ve got ball pythons more aggressive then Damien is.

Before I ramble on and on about my baby I’d like to ask for information on them, the info I got isn’t very clear even though I’ve done a lot of research on them and I was hoping you all could help me out.

11/07/10  09:50pm

Catfish_82
View Profile

Message To: Herpderp   In reference to Message Id: 2186258

A general description of your setup would be a good starting point.

11/09/10  09:32am

Squal
View Profile

Message To: Herpderp   In reference to Message Id: 2186258

Last week i picked up my first Red Blood Python and man is she a beauty.. She is 2 months old and when i got her she is already tame..she hasn’t hissed or struck at me.. I named her Sephira..I too would like a site where i can read more about Red Bloods. all i have found is just general information..

11/13/10  10:22pm

Tupi1
View Profile

Message To: Squal   In reference to Message Id: 2187385

Congrats on your new blood.

I also got my first blood thanksgiving weekend.Im pretty impressed with these guys.Mine is a little nervous but hasnt tried to bite so far.The color combination and patterns on bloods is so cool..
Post pics of yours..Here is mine.She is a bit thin but Im working on that.

There is a good site with info I tried to post it but this site wont let me so if you google
blood pythons . com it will take you to a really good site

12/29/10  10:12am

Tupi1
View Profile

Message To: Tupi1   In reference to Message Id: 2194989

This site is really good too
http://www.vpi.com/publications/blood_pythons_information_and_care

12/29/10  10:15am

Harro741
View Profile

Message To: Squal   In reference to Message Id: 2187385

haha cool i named my first leopard gecko saphira. i just got a sumatran a few days ago and hes mean. he strikes at me every time i walk by his cage.

01/07/11  02:08pm

Back to Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area