Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum

Nilemanpa   Nilemanpa   Catfish_82   Nilemanpa   Catfish_82  
 Member  Message

Nilemanpa
View Profile

Not eating

hey all i have a blood python for about two mouths now i got him from a breeder and he did shead for her and eat for her i think two times and when i got him he acts normal (agressive) but when i go to feed him all he dose it strike and bite the food item he will not rape it at all he is keep in a shoe book the tupperwear kind . i have a wate dowl in there and a hid for him and his temp is 88 on the nose i am just confused i have owned many kinds of snake from red tails to ball pythons matter of fact right now i have
1 amazon tree boa
1ball python
1nile monitor
2 tokay geckos breeding pair
2 iguanas
1 beardi
1red ear slider
13 rats
6 mice
5 gerbals

thanks for any and all help

Neil

08/01/10  09:58pm

Nilemanpa
View Profile

Message To: Nilemanpa   In reference to Message Id: 2166511

Not eating

also i for got to add that i have been assist feeding/forse feeding him.. i know it is bad to do that but i have not had ant regurge at all.

08/01/10  10:19pm

Catfish_82
View Profile

Message To: Nilemanpa   In reference to Message Id: 2166516

Not eating

How old is the snake? What type of prey item are you offering? Unless your snake is begining to lose weight, then a two month fast is way too early to resort to force feeding. How are you offering your prey? Live or prekilled? Judging by your description, I’m guessing prekilled. Any additional info you can provide would help, but just a few general suggestions: If the snake is young (six months or less) then I’d lower your temps a little to say the mid 80’s. 84 or 85 would be good. If you’re removing the snake from it’s cage before you feed, then try leaving it in next time. Try feeding at different times of the day. If you’re feeding during the day, try feeding during dusk or at night. Have you tried prescenting? Get some soiled mouse/rat bedding and put it in a little tupperware container. Put that in with the snake for thirty minutes before you actaully attempt to feed. Good luck with it.

08/03/10  02:32pm

Nilemanpa
View Profile

Message To: Catfish_82   In reference to Message Id: 2166890

Not eating

no i offered live the snake is only a about 3 mounths old... he ate when his temps where 88 when the breeder had him

08/03/10  05:02pm

Catfish_82
View Profile

Message To: Nilemanpa   In reference to Message Id: 2166951

Not eating

Neil, what is your humidity? Also, whether you feed live or prekilled, try prescenting, that trick has always worked for me. Let me know how it goes next time you attempt to feed. Good luck.

08/05/10  08:51pm

Back to Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area