Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum

Faery   Catfish_82   Faery   BigBoyzBoids   Buffaloriver   TheSurfer   SlytherynHiss  
 Member  Message

Faery
View Profile

Plasma

We really thought this little girl was going to die on us. Which is why I haven`t posted much about her. We got her back in August when she was only a couple of months old. And she only ate once on her own. Week after week after week went by with no luck getting her to eat. She was losing weight, too. Finally, I resorted to a force feeding. Knowing it was going to be stressful on both of us, I used pinkies. Two pinks all the way down and I considered it a success. As she started to gain a little weight, I upped the prey size...very slowly. I was still trying first live, then P/K just to see if her feeding response was returning. About a month ago, I settled down with teeny little Plasma for yet another force feed and I had to open her mouth, but once the mouse was in there, she proceeded to eat it on her own. I was ecstatic! An assist feed is WAY easier and so much less stressful than a Force feed. So, That is where we still are...Assist feeding. But, She is up to an adult sized mouse now...And FINALLY, after all these Months, she is in shed! A true sign that she is growing. I tell her every week that when she is up to rabbits, she is going to have to do it on her own....I hope she is listening :-)

Plasma- In shed:

Rayna :-)

01/13/10  03:12pm

Catfish_82
View Profile

Message To: Faery   In reference to Message Id: 2113385

Plasma

Wow, I’m sorry to hear of your troubles with Plasma. I’m glad that you’re making progress though. I’ll continue to wish you the best.

01/14/10  09:50am

Faery
View Profile

Message To: Catfish_82   In reference to Message Id: 2113600

Plasma

Thank You. I appreciate that. One thing, tho, with all of the handling, she is most definately tame. She is a very sweet little girl.
Rayna :-)

01/14/10  10:23am

BigBoyzBoids
View Profile

Message To: Faery   In reference to Message Id: 2113604

Plasma

i know how you feel im having this exact same situation but ive never done an assist or force feed

01/17/11  09:04pm

Buffaloriver
View Profile

Message To: BigBoyzBoids   In reference to Message Id: 2199047

Plasma

Wow I will be wishing for her to eat on her own I will not complain about my female refusing anything but live anymore the best of luck to you .

01/19/11  12:31pm

TheSurfer
View Profile

Message To: Buffaloriver   In reference to Message Id: 2199412

Plasma

That’s really awesome Rayna!! Glad Plasma is doing better. It’s been a few months since your last update. . .so how is she doing now??

-Will

04/14/11  12:29pm

SlytherynHiss
View Profile

Message To: TheSurfer   In reference to Message Id: 2214377

Plasma

This is Rayna...New Screen name, but still Me :-)

I came to the Blood Forum to post pics that we just took today and found your post....LOL. I`m fixin` to make a new plat with pics of all 3 snakes. Plasma is doing absolutely awesome :-)

06/05/11  08:57pm

Back to Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area