Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum

Lizard999   Catfish_82   Lizard999   Pythonpetey   Lizard999  
 Member  Message

Lizard999
View Profile

Blood not eating

my blood hasnt eaten in 3 weeks hes about a year old and hes still not a baad weight but but im getting worried now any suggestions?

09/23/09  02:56am

Catfish_82
View Profile

Message To: Lizard999   In reference to Message Id: 2075239

Blood not eating

Describe your set up. What are your temps? What is your humidity level?

09/23/09  04:14am

Lizard999
View Profile

Message To: Catfish_82   In reference to Message Id: 2075245

Blood not eating

hes nearly a year old hes not a bad weight but is skinnier than he was, hes about 2.1/2 foot in a 2f long viv with repti bark substrate sum fake plants around his hideys temps around 83 during the day and humiditys always around 65-75

09/23/09  05:27am

Pythonpetey
View Profile

Message To: Lizard999   In reference to Message Id: 2075262

Blood not eating

lizard999: Please post a photo of your setup. When my blood python (Crunch) hit 3’ long, I moved him into an Animal Plastics enclosure (4’ x 2’ x 22"). The AP enclosure holds the humidity well, and with the undertank heater connected to a thermostat, temps are very constant. I also keep a bowl of fresh water in the tank at all times (Crunch likes to drink and blow bubbles). I would also recommend losing the bark and using newspaper as substrate (it’s cheaper and easy to clean).

Also, what and how are you feeding your blood? Blood pythons rarely refuse meals (Crunch has never failed to eat - he even eats when deep in shed), so we need to review all the basics. Do you feed live or f/t? Always rats? Are the rats the same size as the thickest part of your snake? Do you feed inside the cage (which I recommend) or outside in a tub? Do you feed in the evening when the light is low? Is there a lot of traffic around during or immediately before you feed? Is there anything making noise in the background?

Pete

09/23/09  10:46am

Lizard999
View Profile

Message To: Pythonpetey   In reference to Message Id: 2075308

Blood not eating

il take a pic of my set up and put it on if he needs a bigger viv il get one next week. iv been giving him small f/t rats thats what hes been eating for the last year in the shop i got him from at first i put the rats on a feeding bowl and he wouldnt take it so i went back to the shop and asked how they had been feeding him and they were hand feeding (with tongs) so iv been trying that. he in my rooms so theres not much traffic or noise and i feed normally around 9pm

09/23/09  01:15pm

Back to Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area