Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum

Solidus   Chris78   Solidus   Lizard man 1   Solidus  
 Member  Message

Solidus
View Profile

My first bloods

Hi all i am as of thursday november 2nd the proud owner of my first 2 bloods i bought an 05 male and a 06 female. to this day i have been caring for snake for about 11 years and now iíve ventured into bloods and i must say i am terrified the male when i was trying to change his water he struck at me with more force than i have ever felt in my life. ball pythons are so weak in comparison. but i now have heavy duty gloves for him and now i donít have the nerve to put my hand down in the tank with him he jerks away and then he strikes hard heís a mofo iím trying to let him acclaimate now my girs is much smaller but she bit me to its kinda scary i think i need a little advice feell free to rag on me that wont bother me much but as far as help iíd ready appreciate it. Thanx.....

11/05/06  02:19am

Chris78
View Profile

Message To: Solidus   In reference to Message Id: 1048770

My first bloods

This is one of those things you just gotta do. Get some gloves on and let them acclimate and after the first week you can start to handle for a few minutes a day. Over time, increase the handling sessions and that should start to get them familiar with you.

11/05/06  12:00pm

Solidus
View Profile

Message To: Chris78   In reference to Message Id: 1048985

My first bloods

yeah i figured as much i guess that since he is so strong it freakíd me out when he struck and the whole cage moved i just imagined the worst like losing a finger or something hehe heís settling a litte but i still watch him like a hawk my lil gir she doesnt bother me much here take a look

on top my 05 male "mr Meanie" AKA Solid snake and my 06 girl Meryl

11/06/06  02:05am

Lizard man 1
View Profile

Message To: Solidus   In reference to Message Id: 1050025

My first bloods

Hey dude I know what your going Through. Give this time, I canít grantee anything, but I had an adult par dropped off at my house to snake sit for a few months and I learned really fast. I found that if I put on heavy welding gloves and as I reached it I would rum them lightly on top of the head. this sorta made them submissive and they new that it wasnít feeding time. I had never had any thing larger than a full grown Florida pine snake. But after I figured these things out it was love baby.

But then on the other hand as Iím sure that you know that some snakes stay Nasty. I hope that this is not the case for you.

11/15/06  08:52pm

Solidus
View Profile

Message To: Lizard man 1   In reference to Message Id: 1062065

My first bloods

he has calmed down really quickly. he doesnít even hiss anymore i did however take him to the vet because he had the start of a RI he has antibiotics now and i raised his hot spot to about 95-97 and the ambient to 86 just to give his immune system a headstart he is doing better heís eating like a horse f/t small rats heíll be getting mediums for his next meal

11/28/06  05:03pm

Back to Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area