Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum

Boris982   Coop   Chris78  
 Member  Message

Boris982
View Profile

Baby Ball Python

Alright, so this was my first snake. His/Her name s Kumba it is about 2 1/2 months old. I just had a few questions this being my first snake and all. First, I noticed that when I hold him/her if i slowly slide my hand down itís body sort of cracks, like the bones in our body. Is that normal, it doesnt seem to bother it. Secondly can snakes get a stuffy nose, it sounds like a popping noise when it breaths.

If anyone could tell me how t put pictures up, that would be great too. Thanks.

10/27/06  09:03pm

Coop
View Profile

Message To: Boris982   In reference to Message Id: 1038578

Baby Ball Python

First off, wrong forum. And to answer your question, sounds like your snake may have a Respiratory Infection. There should no popping or wheezing sound when your snake breaths. First thing to do is lower humidity to around 45% and bump up the warm side to 92-95 degrees. Next, get to the vet asap.
If it turns out to be RI, there are two kinds, upper and lower. Upper is easily treated with antibiotics and lower is alot harder to treat. The same antibiotics will help both cases but with a lower RI you run the risk of your snake getting pneumonia and dying. Fluid builds up in the lung and your snake can no longer fight off infection and disease.
Either way a vet visit is never a bad idea..

Good luck...

10/27/06  09:42pm

Chris78
View Profile

Message To: Coop   In reference to Message Id: 1038613

Baby Ball Python

Get on this forum more often Coop.

Coop explained it all. Get some Baytril from your vet if it turns out it does have an R.I.

10/27/06  10:00pm

Back to Pythons-Blood and Short Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area