Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Product Information Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Product Information Forum

Pe   Xta   Pe   JT   Pacman2006  
 Member  Message

Pe
View Profile

Heating Pads

Has anyone used a Kanes type heating matt for their reptile, or even anything else?
Kanes Mfg
PE

02/07/03  08:40pm

Xta
View Profile

Message To: Pe   In reference to Message Id: 1117

Re: Heating Pads

I’m using a human heating pad I got at Eckerd drug store for Flapjack while it’s cooler. I only use it at night and have a couple towels over it and it set to low. It will be minimal heat, but enough to keep him warm. However, I am in FL remember.

02/07/03  09:44pm

Pe
View Profile

Message To: Xta   In reference to Message Id: 1129

Re: Re: Heating Pads

Well I’m looking at the kanes because its for my water monitor, and I’m thinking he will tear the pad apart. And since he wont have a real bottom to his cage...I cant put the heating pad now in there.

Doesnt a human heating pad draw more electricity then the store bought ones?

PE

02/07/03  09:53pm

JT
View Profile

Message To: Pe   In reference to Message Id: 1130

Don’t use a human pad, first your monitor can probably tear it up and second it doesn’t give out as much heat and is use for soothing not warmth and most cases. Use a cobra mat placed inside the tank so the lizard can rest on it. There must be something above the mat so the monitor won’t burn himself by direct contact. I got a monitor as well and he can’t seem to get through it and doesn’t want to. If they do bite it as adults they can probably shock themselves to death though but why would they want to.

09/17/03  12:35am

Pacman2006
View Profile

Message To: JT   In reference to Message Id: 7607

bump

06/15/06  01:44am

Back to Product Information Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area