Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Problems-Complaints Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Problems-Complaints Forum

Diggy415   Sakura   Carmelita   LittleBratt   Diggy415   Mr.mike   Xandra   Reddevil95128   InvertsMad   U1sickboy   Yellowfang   Rudolphtamer04   Ameivaboy   Scales N Things   Marine1   13lizard13   Yellowfang   13lizard13   Reptileluver123  
 Member  Message

Diggy415
View Profile

A complaint like no other about others....

Didn’t know where else to put this and i needed to vent. I hate having neighbors down the street who have had animals and all have died for stupid preventable things, a 10’ iguana froze when the light went out and the window was left open while on vacation, the ball python awhile back died, this new python of 2 months ago shed and then died here recently, all their lizards,anoles fish etc are dying. They live like slobs and now they have a golden retriever but i havn’t seen it around lately either. Their house and lawn and garage are one, things spread near and far, tools toys and clothes the house swarms with mosquiotos and cobwebs, They got 4 rat hoppers from me and told them to bring them back if the snake didn’t eat them all, nope only ate one and the rest were starved in hopes it would eat in a few days. But unfortuneately no one can complain in this regards, all i can do is not support them and sell them feeders if they should need them. I am how ever going to ask if they want their iguana tank still and their BP tank and things, ill act interested and hopefully they will sell/give them to me and not be interested in anymore animals. Why can’t anything be done????

05/24/04  07:27pm

Sakura
View Profile

Message To: Diggy415   In reference to Message Id: 77467

you can report them for animal neglect!! please do go to jail for that!!!

05/25/04  07:07pm

Carmelita
View Profile

Yes!!! I would report them to the proper authorities immediately!!
People like that REALLY make me mad!

05/26/04  01:00pm

LittleBratt
View Profile

Message To: Carmelita   In reference to Message Id: 78126

Definitly animal neglect!!!! Report them, call the animal shelter...

06/18/04  01:02am

Diggy415
View Profile

Message To: LittleBratt   In reference to Message Id: 88352

Unfortuneately the only animals that are alive are the dogs and they are in good shape, all else is dead and gone but soon to be replaced. I was going to use CPS for the kids sake, but they are too old there as well. I had a simular case with an ammaciated dog behind me, ACO came out and gave me the terrible exscuse of age,breed, and medical condition for the dog being like that, the owner was notified and the dog fed and it gained weight, i shoved it back in her face, the owner also went out and got another dog as a "take that" jesture. No water remains in the pen and not a dammmm thing i can do, our town sucks, ACO has a "mind your own business" policy she is the only one in our county and humane society would call upon her as she is the law of it, so dead end in all cases. I live in the wrong city! All i can do for the original ppl of the snakes etc is not to sell them feeders . Your complaints get nowhere even if you go to ACO’s boss.

06/18/04  09:36am

Mr.mike
View Profile

Message To: Diggy415   In reference to Message Id: 88424

there is some medical conditions that dogs dont gain weight that easly but not emaciated there are a lot of dog food forulas to gain weight and for older dogs to.. i have neibors that there animals just strangly disapeer HA! from unknown causes they had a great dane that would bark all night dint have food or water and they just kept it out all night in the winter fianally my mom called the aspca problem solved sweet justice

08/08/04  03:40pm

Xandra
View Profile

Contact the local aspca or the like...alot of times the police department won’t do anthing...others to call DNR or depatment of agriculture...good luck the so called experts with the authorities don’t know much about the animals they should protect...if you bug them enough they usually do something about it. Also I would cut off contact with your neighbor and if they insist on contacting you confront her on why you won’t sell or give her feeders ect.

08/09/04  12:34am

Reddevil95128
View Profile

i hate peps like that there used to be a rich neigbor here that would buy reps for there kids and the kids would be into it for a day or 2 then they would just kill it or let it die(by not feeding or takeing the heat off)or both now they discoverd me they bring there animals to me so i can "fix it and make better"so times the reps get lucky and they let me have them(only if the parent gets the kids something better)when i get them and nurse them back i sometimes keep them orfind a good home for them

08/18/04  12:38am

InvertsMad
View Profile

Message To: Reddevil95128   In reference to Message Id: 122375

that’s so cruel...i hate people like that. They think the world evolves around them and that they can treat animals the way they please coz afterall, the world was made specially for them and nothing else! Oh, they make my blood boil. I’d be phoning the RSPCA straight away!

One of my friends used to keep a goldfish in a bowl, which was obviously too small and didn’t have enough surface area. But then I woz too young to do anything about it-if it had happened now, I’d have reported her! I know she’s my friend but animals come 2nd in my opinion (1st is family-3rd come friends).

01/27/05  08:00am

U1sickboy
View Profile

Message To: InvertsMad   In reference to Message Id: 233700

A 10’ iguana .............HOLY COW!!!!

03/17/05  03:22am

Yellowfang
View Profile

Message To: U1sickboy   In reference to Message Id: 277288

Yea was it a green iguana or some other kind? And howd it get to be THAT big...Ive only heard of them getting around 6 feet...as much as I love my iguana I dont want it to get to be that big!

07/08/05  06:44pm

Rudolphtamer04
View Profile

Message To: Yellowfang   In reference to Message Id: 395068

maybe he/she meant a 10" iguana lol

08/09/05  05:46pm

Ameivaboy
View Profile

Message To: Rudolphtamer04   In reference to Message Id: 435110

if you really beleive there was a 10í iguana you all are dumb, and as for people treating reptiles like ***** no one cares aspca, animal control, humane societies none of them care their concern is mammals not lizards frogs and snakes and unfortunatly it doesnt seem as though that will change anytime soon, thats life

08/26/05  12:17pm

Scales N Things
View Profile

Message To: Ameivaboy   In reference to Message Id: 456221

Wow, this is a very old thread but itís important, letís keep it going. As far as the 10 foot iguana, itís absolutely impossible. But that was posted over a year ago and the poster hasnít been back so I guess it doesnít matter. There are a lot of organizations that can make a difference. If you call animal control they will do something about it. Maybe not right off the bat because theyíre not educated on the reptileís needs, but if you explain what it takes to keep a reptile and show documentation to back it up and then explain whatís being done...They will do something about it. Itís all about persistence. If you only call one time, they might not...Sadly enough. If you stay on them about it... Make them remember your name because you call so often, theyíll handle the situation even if just to placate you. If youíre very knowledgable you can also try educating the person yourself. Just be tactful and honest and stick to the facts.

John Sanders
Scales íN Things . Com

08/28/05  04:36pm

Marine1
View Profile

Contact the ASPCA in your area. It may be listed under SPCA also.

10/23/05  12:31pm

13lizard13
View Profile

Message To: Scales N Things   In reference to Message Id: 458761

i think she meant 10 inch iguana

05/07/07  10:59pm

Yellowfang
View Profile

Message To: 13lizard13   In reference to Message Id: 1273861

Does it really matter. You brought up a post from almost 2 years ago. No one really cares about this post anymore. Everyone has forgotten it. Once I started reading, I remebered it. The message is important, but bringing the post back up isnít.

Yellowfang

05/14/07  09:44pm

13lizard13
View Profile

Message To: Yellowfang   In reference to Message Id: 1281683

srry didnt relize how old it was i will stop talking now

05/17/07  08:52am

Reptileluver123
View Profile

Message To: LittleBratt   In reference to Message Id: 88352

I agree with littlebrat!

08/03/08  07:31pm

Back to Problems-Complaints Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area