Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Problems-Complaints Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Problems-Complaints Forum

Biggiy05   Joshua#   Webmaster   Mr.M  
 Member  Message

Biggiy05
View Profile

Bumping

This is becoming very annoying in the forums. I can understand bumping a thread like in the corn snake forum. They have a thread for the snakes and setups and if it moves to the bottom then someone will bump it up.

That doesnít bother me but what does is when people make a thread and 10 minutes later they hit bump, most of the time they donít even give it a few hours before they are hitting bump two or three times.

It is bad in the leopard gecko forum and I am sure itís the same in other places but what is so hard about understanding that not everyone sits in front of a computer 24/7 refreshing the forum page for new posts? Have some patience

I doubt there is anything that can be done but it would be nice if people would stop bumping so much. I donít think we need to have the word blocked or anything but if Doug could make one thread for all the forums about it that would be nice.

03/22/06  11:54am

Joshua#
View Profile

Message To: Biggiy05   In reference to Message Id: 704102

Bumping

I totally agree i seen one where they didnt wait 10 minutes thats very anoying give us time to answer.

03/22/06  09:09pm

Webmaster
View Profile

Message To: Biggiy05   In reference to Message Id: 704102

Bumping

I agree for the same reasons above, plus it is a complete waste of resources. There will be a reminder of forum etiquette and basic rules that will be put in place in the area where we type. Hopefully this will elminate some of the bumping.

Thanks
Doug - Webmaster

03/27/06  01:48am

Mr.M
View Profile

Message To: Webmaster   In reference to Message Id: 711188

Bumping

BUMP...........Just kidding. I really donít mind seeing this Iíd rather see a bump or two rather than read several posts about the exact same thing. Which seems to happen a million times more often than bumping a thread. What Iím talking about is the same question asked repeatedly by different members when all thatís needed is to scroll down a few posts to get the answers they are searching for. But this as well is just the nature of the beast no sense in making a mountain out of a mole hill. Just lift your feet a bit higher.

04/26/06  01:00pm

Back to Problems-Complaints Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area