Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Problems-Complaints Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Problems-Complaints Forum

BETTYJ   Riri   Djl  
 Member  Message

BETTYJ
View Profile

MY BABY MIGHT BE ILL HELP.

I AM WORRIED ABOUT MY BEARDED DRAGON (KENJA) IS HER NAME I GAVE HER SOME MUSTARD GREENS THIS AM AND TONITE I HAVE NOTICED SHE DOES NOT WANT NO CRICKETS, AND SHE IS LAYIN AROUND NOT DOIN NOTHING. WHAT SHOULD I DO? SHE IS SHEDDING, DO THEY FEEL UNDER THE WEATHER WHEN THEY SHED?

09/25/07  10:13pm

Riri
View Profile

Message To: BETTYJ   In reference to Message Id: 1457233

Hi, I donít think the weather is relevant in this case unless itís less than 25 degrees Celsius in the shades. Maybe sheís stressed or... whatever mustard greens are... I donít think itís necessary to give her some... When my lizards arenít eating I usually just change their diets for some time or better yet, I hand feed them. If they really donít want to eat, Iíd give them supplements (Repti-Cal) mixed with water in a seringe till they get their appetite back. The dosage is really important, vitamins must not be on every meal but if she hasnít eaten for more than a week, Iíd highly recommend it. Remember that bearded dragons live in the desert so itís not unusual for them to miss a meal or two... Donít try too much and sheíll be fine.

10/10/07  03:47pm

Djl
View Profile

Message To: Riri   In reference to Message Id: 1474026

They are not talking about the weather! Sometimes they get that way when shedding. Soak in WARM bath. How old? If over a year could be brumation. Post in bearded section. You will get answers.

10/10/07  04:42pm

Back to Problems-Complaints Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area