Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Problems-Complaints Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Problems-Complaints Forum

Snakesnlizards   HeRpLoViNgIrL   Snake man 5   Sw1c  
 Member  Message

Snakesnlizards
View Profile

Can I have them out together?

i have had my ball python for roughly since she was born. she is now 7 months old and amazingly well tempered (no shock there.) i have recently became the owner and care taker of an 8 month old bearded dragon i have been taking him out evry night i try to do the same w/ fifi(the ball python) but i have been doing them separatly. i wanted to know if i could have them out together.... it wouldnt cause any problems?

08/03/07  10:25am

HeRpLoViNgIrL
View Profile

Message To: Snakesnlizards   In reference to Message Id: 1386564

Most likely, it would not cause any problems. I wouldnt recommend putting them more than 6 inches close to each other because the bp is likely to eat the beardie. But bps usually dont bother trying to eat anything other than warm blooded animals. snakes usually dont go after cold blooded animals so ur beardie would probably be safe no matter what. but i will not make any promises. just use caution when and if u do this. good luck!

08/18/07  09:49pm

Snake man 5
View Profile

Message To: HeRpLoViNgIrL   In reference to Message Id: 1408975

Snakes do go after cold blooded prey and will eat it. Kingsnakes, milksnakes, king cobras, and even some pythons eat reptiles.

08/23/07  05:05pm

Sw1c
View Profile

Message To: Snake man 5   In reference to Message Id: 1416342

safest not to have out at same time and close, because of different disease immunities and such, or if one becomes ill can spread to the other... plus if they start going dif directions may not be able to catch them both

10/22/07  02:02am

Back to Problems-Complaints Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area