Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Problems-Complaints Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Problems-Complaints Forum

Goomba   Cubana95   Ichigo   Ichigo  
 Member  Message

Goomba
View Profile

Testimonial: Dark Forest Reptiles is Garbage!

Dark Forest Reptiles is an absolutely awful and abysmal establishment at best. An absolute torture to do business with. Aside from their negligent photos of Pacman frogs eating dead and bloated pacman frogs (obvious victimes of redleg) on their website, they take even less care in shipping live animals. I ordered a Budgett’s frog from them and it arrived in an uncooled and lacklusterly packaged box. No significant padding was used to secure the flailing deli cup, no ice packs, nothing. Mind you, this was from Florida to Arizona, the hottest state in the union. The package also came at 3pm, not 10:30am as they promised, they knew damn well the frog wasn’t shipped next day prioriry, rather basic next day, allowing the fragile creature to boil to death. I tried countless times to get tracking numbers and to simply contact someone in regards to my rights as their customer, and Nick, the owner, would just ignore me and say he’d call me back or send me an email, then mysteriously vanish for the rest of the day every time I called back... Needless to say I never got a response. It was like pulling teeth just to get some common courtesy out of these clowns.
When I finally got in touch, he RUDELY (as if I should feel guilty about complaining about his halfassed business ethics and disgusting packaging) said he’d send a replacement frog....and never did, rather he refunded my money without telling me and lead my on a wild goose chase waiting for a frog that never came.

I highly suggest you NEVER buy from Dark Forest Reptiles. I know I’m not the only person to have had negative experiences with them, and I surely wouldn’t wish it upon anyone. The biggest shame is that so many animals have to be subjected to such atrocious treatment....I mean no precautions where taken in the shipping of this poor, living, breathing animal. A true pity.

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

07/02/07  01:58am

Cubana95
View Profile

Message To: Goomba   In reference to Message Id: 1342462

I feel so bad for their animals. ¿Was the frog you got eventually okay? I don’t think we have Dark Forest Reptiles in Cuba, but if we do, I’ll be sure to tell people not to deal with them.

Catalina

05/15/08  02:39pm

Ichigo
View Profile

Message To: Cubana95   In reference to Message Id: 1736294

yes i saw a picture of a pacman eating a baby corn snake awwfull,just awwfull

06/25/08  01:35am

Ichigo
View Profile

Message To: Ichigo   In reference to Message Id: 1772801

oh and i already filed a complaint to their ugly freaking faces!!!!!!!!!!

06/25/08  01:46am

Back to Problems-Complaints Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area