Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Problems-Complaints Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Problems-Complaints Forum

Anguisfan   Chelle41179   Anguisfan   Anguisfan   Pythons   Anguisfan   Ameivaboy   Clouddancer22   Anguisfan   Dustey   Geickojr.   Joe smoe111   Stitchex   Sw1c   Coolguy132435   Repfanatic   Reptileluver123   Anguisfan   Mattsass   Mommybecky  
 Member  Message

Anguisfan
View Profile

LEGLESS LIZARD FORUM

I WOULD LIKE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE LEGLESS LIZ FORUM.MY LIZ IS STARVING TO DEATH,SO I ASKED IF SOMEBODY KNOWS SOMETHING AND I RECEIVE NO REPLY.I ASKED KINDLY IFF SOMEONE CAN HELP,BUT I RECEIVED NO ANSWER.NOW I’M BEGGGING FOR AT LEAST ONE ANSWER!!!
I’M IN THIS FORUM TO RECEIVE AND GIVE SOME HELP,NOT TO BEG!IFF NOBODY IS WRITING IN THE LEGLESS LIZ FORUM, THEN WHY IT EXISTS?PLESE IFF SOMEONE KNOWS SOMETHING ABOUT MY LIZ PLEASE ANSWER.THANKS FOR REDING.

06/03/07  08:32am

Chelle41179
View Profile

Message To: Anguisfan   In reference to Message Id: 1303929

LEGLESS LIZARD FORUM

Have you tried posting on a forum with more traffic?

Maybe you should try posting elsewhere. Someone who may have the answer your looking for may be lurking in another forum somewhere.

I suggest posting in the "lizards in general" since that covers a wide range of lizards and all kinds of lizard owners frequent there!

Sorry I couldn’t help you personally tho, I just lost a baby monitor a couple days ago and I can only hope that you don’t have to deal with seeing your pet die too... Considering your post was made a few days ago, I hope you’ve already posted somewhere else...

~~Chelle~~

06/06/07  12:16pm

Anguisfan
View Profile

Message To: Chelle41179   In reference to Message Id: 1308146

LEGLESS LIZARD FORUM

I really thank you very much and i deeply appeciate that.I will do what you told me,again thanks.
Sorry for your monitor.

06/07/07  04:47am

Anguisfan
View Profile

Message To: Anguisfan   In reference to Message Id: 1309176

LEGLESS LIZARD FORUM

My liz died!AJust because everybody was bored to give at least some advice!Chelle was right,any other time i will write to the the lizards in general,because this forum is DEAD!!!I mean i was begging for some advice,and now my liz died from the most terrible death!!!I deeply recommend if someone has a problem with his legless liz,not to write there!
I at least thank Chelle that tried to offer some help.

06/07/07  04:58am

Pythons
View Profile

Message To: Anguisfan   In reference to Message Id: 1303929

LEGLESS LIZARD FORUM

It wasn’t anyone’s fault, but your own. You should have taken the animal to see a veternarian right away if you knew something was wrong with it. Don’t blame others for your mistakes.

Pythons

06/08/07  01:53pm

Anguisfan
View Profile

Message To: Pythons   In reference to Message Id: 1310724

LEGLESS LIZARD FORUM

YOU THINK I DIDNT TRY??ALL THE ANSWERS I RECEIVED WERE:I’M SORRY I DON’T KNOW AND THE MOST RIDICULUS ONE:I DONT LIKE REPTILES!AS A LEGLESS LIZ FORUM,SOMEONE SHOULD HAVE GIVEN ME AT LEAST SOME ADVICE.

06/09/07  04:05am

Ameivaboy
View Profile

Message To: Anguisfan   In reference to Message Id: 1311302

LEGLESS LIZARD FORUM

seems you bought an animal you were not prepared for and/or too inexperienced to take care of.
dont blame a forum for your misfortune, theonly person to blame is yourself. Obviously the animal was not captive bred so probably had a wide variety of internal parasites,stress from more than likely being improperly cared for (either from you or the place/person you got it from). the stress in turn probably weakened the immune system in which the parasites took over and the animal was overwhelmed, please do some research and buy captive bred until you have more herp keeping experience and these types of situations wont happen again

07/13/07  07:50am

Clouddancer22
View Profile

Message To: Ameivaboy   In reference to Message Id: 1356731

LEGLESS LIZARD FORUM

I wonder if he did an internet search to at least get a clue??

07/29/07  01:44pm

Anguisfan
View Profile

Message To: Clouddancer22   In reference to Message Id: 1379258

LEGLESS LIZARD FORUM

why are you talking without having any idea about how I cared for my liz.How he heck do you know if took good or bad care of it???You think i did not search for hours over the internet?If i took bad care of it as you say,the how calm i have been keeping since he died another one,that even gave birth,and he is still alive and well?And i took the same care as i did with the other one!So when you have now idea about what youre talking about,keep your mouth shut,when your silence is more important than what you say!You think i hadnt got info??And when i really needed your help,nobody replied!

07/30/07  06:37am

Dustey
View Profile

Message To: Anguisfan   In reference to Message Id: 1380260

LEGLESS LIZARD FORUM

You can’t blame anyone for not posting a message becase legless lizards are not a common animal.

09/01/07  09:45am

Geickojr.
View Profile

Message To: Dustey   In reference to Message Id: 1427913

LEGLESS LIZARD FORUM

and you cant blame anybody but yourself for neglecting it enough to take it to the vet

09/17/07  09:21pm

Joe smoe111
View Profile

Message To: Geickojr.   In reference to Message Id: 1447546

LEGLESS LIZARD FORUM

um if silence is more important then what you say you cant get made at people for being silent!
lol sorry i couldnt resist.!

09/26/07  10:16pm

Stitchex
View Profile

Message To: Joe smoe111   In reference to Message Id: 1458578

LEGLESS LIZARD FORUM

Guys, if you can’t say anything nice, then don’t say it at all. I believe you, Anguisfan. I believe that you tried your hardest, and my deepest regrets to your legless lizard. Anyways, I would have asked you guys before taking it to a vet, who doesn’t want to save money? Though, even if you didn’t receive an answer, I would have brought it to a vet. Sorry for your lizard,

~Stitchex~

10/14/07  07:26pm

Sw1c
View Profile

Message To: Stitchex   In reference to Message Id: 1478431

LEGLESS LIZARD FORUM

look when buy animal spossed to talk to vets before need see one. and ever think that maybe noone on the forum knew? and if your relying on the forums for the care of your animal over own research and having a vet picked out and talked to beforehand probly not ready for the animal sorry

10/22/07  01:59am

Coolguy132435
View Profile

Message To: Sw1c   In reference to Message Id: 1486145

LEGLESS LIZARD FORUM

not everyone can afford a vet

03/25/08  03:56pm

Repfanatic
View Profile

Message To: Anguisfan   In reference to Message Id: 1309181

LEGLESS LIZARD FORUM

Quote:

My liz died!AJust because everybody was bored to give at least some advice!Chelle was right,any other time i will write to the the lizards in general,because this forum is DEAD!!!I mean i was begging for some advice,and now my liz died from the most terrible death!!!I deeply recommend if someone has a problem with his legless liz,not to write there!
I at least thank Chelle that tried to offer some help.

I know this is an old thread, but I have to add something. First off, you CANNOT blame the people on this forum just because they didn’t reply or replied saying they don’t know. If you are worried about your pet then take it to a vet. We are not veterinarians and sometimes we don’t know why something is happening. That’s why there are herp vets in this world. Also, if you can’t get answers on this site find another site to join that has more owners for the specific animal you are asking about. With my 38 pets I have to go elsewhere for information on some of my animals because there aren’t always experienced owners for that animal on here......and it’s always good to get a second opinion along with your own research. I’m writing this because I’ve seen A LOT of people complain about not getting replies on their questions and it gets really old when their depending solely on this forum.

03/25/08  04:20pm

Reptileluver123
View Profile

Message To: Anguisfan   In reference to Message Id: 1380260

LEGLESS LIZARD FORUM

You are being WAY to harsh on us ok i have sympothy for you but that is just cruel how you are treating us. we never did anything it probably just died of age ok....it’s a life cycle and you knew it was gonna come!

08/03/08  07:20pm

Anguisfan
View Profile

Message To: Reptileluver123   In reference to Message Id: 1818596

LEGLESS LIZARD FORUM

so I haven’t visited the site for a long time - almost a year because I didn’t encounter a great problem which I couldn’t handle myself . Anyway I just want to say some things . First , I live in greece and it’s way to difficult to find a reptile vet . As I said before i took the animal to some vets and they just said that they knew nothing about reptile care . It’s death was certainly not from my mistake because I have been keeping some legless lizards of the same species for almost ayear ( I had to let them free 3 months ago because I moved) and they where all fine . Now that I AM much more experienced I think that it must have been internal parasites . I was a bit harsh to you and I’m sorry for that . But I think that somebody could just have said his opinion when I needed help and not after it’s death .
The forum has helped me a lot believe me but i just hated the comments that said : you could have taken it to a vet or somebody else said : I wonder if he even searched in google .
Ofcourse i did it ! it was a living creature , it had feelings it had a life and I tried to do my best . My family hasn’t got a lot of money and i even have to work in some places during the vacations to help my family pay the bloody rent but I swear I would give twice as much money to a vet to save my animal ! I was a bit harsah because I was upset and angry but i think that somebody could have said something . anyway , now i keep many many reptiles and arthropods despite my economical situation and i am quite experienced and i thank everybody in this site that has offered help to me and supported me when my liz died . thanx

09/18/08  08:30am

Mattsass
View Profile

Message To: Anguisfan   In reference to Message Id: 1862449

LEGLESS LIZARD FORUM

hi sorry to butt in your thread but i just read through it all and first off i want to say im sorry for your loss. i own a few herps and have owned a few throughout my life and yeah it does feel very bad to lose any animal you’ve become attached to but you have to realize one thing YOUR animals well being is YOUR resposibility and not ours or anyone elses. i know you feel let down but you cant expect the people over the internet to have all the answers and give them to you instantly especially when we all have our own lives and cant see or examine the animal personally. as for the animal dying i nor anyone else can fault you with your lizards death without knowing the animals issue but you chose to care for this animal so it is your sole responsibility to keep it healthy. to to say " I think that somebody could just have said his opinion when I needed help and not after it’s death" is irresposible on your part. again im sorry for your loss and i hope next time you have a plan B for when your animals need medical attention

09/18/08  09:20pm

Mommybecky
View Profile

Message To: Mattsass   In reference to Message Id: 1862915

LEGLESS LIZARD FORUM

sorry for your loss.. i understand how u feel i live in a small town in alabama and to date there is only one vet here that knows about reptiles 30 minute drive from my house, but u call him he is never in because he goes to peoples houses all the time. so what i do is type in my problem in google and try to find help there if that dont work i go to a chat room which topic i need like yahoo has animal chat rooms...i wish i had read your message befor i might could have helped you but i had a baby 20 months a go and been so busy since then that im not online much......so sorrry..............(.we need more vets for reptiles i think!)

11/04/08  01:19pm

Back to Problems-Complaints Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area