Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Polls Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Polls Forum

Lilprincess1026   Yexalen   Lilprincess1026  
 Member  Message

Lilprincess1026
View Profile

Is my iguana sick?

ok so i bought my iguana yesterday 19, April, 2008 and he ( i think its a he) is pretty chill, and he can run really fast and jump. but yesterday we brought him home and when we tried to give him food he didnt eat it, he just layed in it and when we put him down he would leave one leg up ( the last one to come off our hand and we would have to gently push it down), and my boyfriend’s 5 yearold iguana tried to bite it and he didnt move. so... what is going on? is he just stressed from the move, or what? because he is missing part of 2 of his fingers also so.......

04/20/08  06:15pm

Yexalen
View Profile

Message To: Lilprincess1026   In reference to Message Id: 1710378

Is my iguana sick?

It can take up to a week for a new reptile to become comfortable and start eating after purchasing. He is nervous and not sure whats going on give it a couple days and keep offering food.
I dont think the leg staying up is anything significant

I really really hope you aren’t housing the new one with the 5yr old one. Especially if he is already showing signs of agression towards the new one. He is scared and knows he cant defend himself against the larger one.

They shouldnt even meet until the smaller one is able to defend himself and is a competitve size

04/20/08  07:09pm

Lilprincess1026
View Profile

Message To: Yexalen   In reference to Message Id: 1710438

Is my iguana sick?

i mean i wasnt there when he "tried to eat him" but thats what my boyfriend said.... we got him to eat part of an apple today and he perked right up. and was more responsive. so thats good. no they arent being housed together but the 5 yr old somehow got into his tank and was laying with him, and ate all of his food. and then later on we went back and the older one was sitting on the subwoofer box looking at him. but when we had corkey ( the little one ) out the older one came over and licked it. but no the bigger one lives in a different cage but he gets out. can you tell if they are male or female around one or 2 months of age?

04/20/08  10:45pm

Back to Polls Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area