Plated Lizards Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Plated Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

IAMNOTSUNGHO123   Mdf  

Member  Message

IAMNOTSUNGHO123
View Profile

GIANT PLATED LIZARDS (g. validus)

hi, my name is Sungho, i am new to this forum. I am an experienced herp owner who has bred and cared for many reptiles (especially lizards). Anyways, one of my friends offered me a pair of giant plated lizards (g. validus). i always do research before buying a pet so i know the basic care requirements of plated lizards. However, i still have a few questions about plated lizards. What supplements should you give them and how frequently should you supplement their food (i’m guessing that you need to provide calcium and multi-vitamin but i don’t know how frequently i should supplement)? I am aware that plated lizards are omnivorous, however, will they eat more protein matter or plant matter? Hopefully, you guys can find time to answer my questions, and thanks in advance!

11/18/11  12:32am

Mdf
View Profile

Message To: IAMNOTSUNGHO123   In reference to Message Id: 2244620

GIANT PLATED LIZARDS (g. validus)

Not kept them myself, but i would of thought you’d dust with pure calcium every feed & vit d twice a week, older animals with little growth you may drop to once a week with vit d, most lizards are the same vit d wise, changes when you bring mice /fish into lizards diet such as bigger species like monitors, then you don’t need to dust with pure calcium as much unless feeding insects etc.

12/31/11  11:51am

Back to Plated Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area