Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Plated Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Plated Lizards Forum

Mandysplatedlizard   Mdf  
 Member  Message

Mandysplatedlizard
View Profile

My plated lizard dosent want to eat

he has become almost lazy like lol. Im not sure if thats normal cuz he is my first lizard and all. he has become less shy now :). but here is my question when i try 2 feed him instead of attackin it like he normally does he closes his eyes and goes 2 sleep ... no joke . i feed him meal worms 5 every other day. i usally use a long tweezer or place them randomly so he can hunt but last 3 days he doesnt want 2 he does this every once in awhile too . is this normal.. how often do they sleep 4? the temp in his cage is around 85-90 and at nite i turn them off and sometimes leave the uv one on or the heat lamp on .... ooohh and how do u get him 2 eat veggies ive tryed strawberrys he licks them same as melons no luck .... any help or advise is welcome :)

09/16/11  05:45pm

Mdf
View Profile

Message To: Mandysplatedlizard   In reference to Message Id: 2237177

My plated lizard dosent want to eat

I used nice juicy black crickets for mine, to many mealworms can cause health issues with your pet, they need a varied diet with insects/bugs dusted every meal & vit d twice a week & make sure their really well gut loaded, even locusts will go down nicely.

10/04/11  04:43pm

Back to Plated Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area