Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Plated Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Plated Lizards Forum

AndreaPurple   Mdf  
 Member  Message

View Profile

Eating questions

Ok some questions.... first, one thing I have not found on any of the care sheets I have read is how many crickets a day my platey should eat. (he’s a yellow throated/yellow lined.)
Second, I have never been able to get him to eat any fruits or veggies, should I worry about this?
And last, he hasnt been eating as much lately as he was when I first brought him home, he used to eat as many crickets as I would put in his enclosure.... most I ever gave him was about a dozen. But he would eat those and still look like he would keep eating. Now he will eat 5 or 6 and be done.
I know that some reptiles eat less in the winter, are these guys one of those?

01/18/11  07:43pm

View Profile

Message To: AndreaPurple   In reference to Message Id: 2199293

Eating questions

If your temps have cooled off then there’s a chance that’s the reason in the reduction of his food intake, check your temps/ humidity & compare them to previous.

All so is the cage floor cold, this would reduce his feeding requirements, i feed every other day & offer fruits as treats due to the fact i’ve put several different food offerings ( grapes, beans, cabbage, strawberries & so on!!) in the cage with little effect.

I’ve got one on vid ( with me out the room) licking a banana & turning their nose up at it! keep trying is my advice.

01/20/11  03:11pm

Back to Plated Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area