Any idea on sex???

I think male but i have nothing to compare with, so i’m not 100%>

01/04/11  03:04pm

Nile/water monitors
View Profile

Message To: Mdf   In reference to Message Id: 2196299

Any idea on sex???

Mark,
The little research I did, it looks to be male. The pores under the rear legs are like that of the Iguana, male rear leg pores are larger than that of the female on both the Iggie’s and the plated. Some will look like rakes hanging under the rear legs of the male. I can see this on your plated. The base of the tail looks to be male as well? Have you compared the head size and lower jaw structure to the others to see if there is any noticeable differences at this age? I’m not 100% sure either, but, Its looking male to me too?

Chris.........

01/04/11  09:18pm

Mdf
View Profile

Message To: Nile/water monitors   In reference to Message Id: 2196410

Any idea on sex???

I’ve been looking closer over the last day or so & yes two have similar head shape & a thinner jaw line compared to that one in the pic, so i’m hopeful!

The problem is i’ve read that the rear leg pores don’t always tell the truth!! so i might have to just wait & see!, yes the base of the tail does look male to me as well, when & if i can get close ups of the others i will do.

mark

01/08/11  03:24pm

BeefysDad
View Profile

Message To: Mdf   In reference to Message Id: 2197106

Any idea on sex???

It is actually quite hard to tell by that pic. My males pores seemed to be quite a bit longer than the ones on your picture, but then, they look bigger than what my females did.

01/22/11  04:56pm

Mdf
View Profile

Message To: BeefysDad   In reference to Message Id: 2200323

Any idea on sex???

I’m abit stumped on this one, two of them have similar heads & the other ones has a male shaped head, one to the left in the back ground of this photo has a thicker bottom jaw line & a bigger nose bump/nodule >

there’s two that have heads like the front one & the rear one has a thicker set head, which i’m thinking male, but i’m still guessing.

01/23/11  05:44pm

Back to Plated Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area