Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Plated Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Plated Lizards Forum

Plated19   Mdf   Mdf   Plated19   Mdf   EckleyChick   Mdf  
 Member  Message

Plated19
View Profile

What is wrong with my yellow throated plated Lizard

Hi sorry to bug you guys. i have a yellow throated plated and its tempermant is everything but what is described everywhere he goes balistic when i try to get him out no matter which way i go about it. when i finally get him out he sits there frozen. i can barely go half an hour without him filling his water bowl with sand. Any ideas at all? could it be that he is in a terrarium which is making him nervous? i really dont wanna get rid of him. i have ordered a wood vivarium do you think that will help? please get back to me soon thanks

12/30/10  03:31pm

Mdf
View Profile

Message To: Plated19   In reference to Message Id: 2195221

Also if he keeps filling his water bowl with sand is his humidity correct, i keep mine between 50/60 at the mo & they only use the bowls for drinking, are you using a screen top that will let the humidity out to fast?

hope this helps!

12/30/10  03:37pm

Mdf
View Profile

Message To: Plated19   In reference to Message Id: 2195221

Also if he keeps filling his water bowl with sand is his humidity correct, i keep mine between 50/60 at the mo & they only use the bowls for drinking, are you using a screen top that will let the humidity out to fast?

hope this helps!

12/30/10  03:38pm

Plated19
View Profile

Message To: Mdf   In reference to Message Id: 2195229

another thing the pet shop guy and the places on the internet ive looked at have left out ill definately look at it and yes the roof is more like that metal mesh sort of stuff but the new wont be

01/01/11  07:11am

Mdf
View Profile

Message To: Plated19   In reference to Message Id: 2195548

There’s very little info on the net, but so far i’ve been successful treating them similar to a sav taking into account their limbs are not designed for to much digging, that’s why i only put a foot of soil in my viv.

There’s plenty of branches etc to allow them secure themselves under them etc, also if you look at their toes which are fairly long they do allow for climbing that’s why i gave them height, so far it’s gone right!

01/01/11  03:48pm

EckleyChick
View Profile

Message To: Mdf   In reference to Message Id: 2195607

That is an awesome set up!

Sheena

05/05/11  10:59am

Mdf
View Profile

Message To: EckleyChick   In reference to Message Id: 2217484