Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Plated Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Plated Lizards Forum

Mdf   Nile/water monitors   Mdf   Nile/water monitors   Mdf  
 Member  Message

Mdf
View Profile

Feeding pics Dec 2010

Did some feeding pics today, wouldn’t normally hand feed but there’s little threat to a major injury off these little critters!!

Here’s the shy one with a stumpy tail, which has started to grow back!

Merry Christmas! :)

12/24/10  10:14am

Nile/water monitors
View Profile

Message To: Mdf   In reference to Message Id: 2194154

Feeding pics Dec 2010

That’s really cool!
Your trust building is coming along really nice. Are they approaching you to get the food or are they standing there grownd waiting for you to come to them? Either way, you can see the trust, nice work. Wondering if the lost tail will regenerate as nice as the original or will it grow back like the Iguanas do, (brownish stump)? As always, nice work.

Merry Christmas to u & ur’s 2:)

12/24/10  01:19pm

Mdf
View Profile

Message To: Nile/water monitors   In reference to Message Id: 2194215

Feeding pics Dec 2010

Hello Chris not got to this stage as yet>

Only tried it 5/6 times so far, anyway this was my xmas gift this am, plated 2 feeding from my fingers! he actually was taking food about 32" off the ground above soil level!

Aren’t in to much of hurry to get there, 2/3 months & hopefully at least two of them will be running over my hand. :)

12/25/10  02:51pm

Nile/water monitors
View Profile

Message To: Mdf   In reference to Message Id: 2194387

Feeding pics Dec 2010

Thanks Mark,
The hands off method worked great with my Nile. I’m sure you will be posting pictures of your plated standing and eating out of the palm of your hand before we know it. Its amazing what these animals will do when there not grabbed, forced handled and chased around there enclosures. I’v seen your older vids’, you know what your doing. Looking forward to more pics’ and videos’.

Chris...........

12/27/10  06:10pm

Mdf
View Profile

Message To: Nile/water monitors   In reference to Message Id: 2194677

Feeding pics Dec 2010

Thanks Chris!

& yes always hands off approach with me, allows more natural behaviour in the rep whilst around humans!

12/28/10  11:06am

Back to Plated Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area