Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Plated Lizards Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Plated Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Glennbaggs   AndreaPurple   Glennbaggs   Flnatv   Mdf   Glennbaggs   Mdf   Glennbaggs   Fairywild  

Member  Message

Glennbaggs
View Profile

Fruit for my platey’s

does anyone know what fruit they eat i tried bananas, apples and strawberry’s. i want them to eat more stuff then wax worms and cricket’s.

11/30/10  04:00pm

AndreaPurple
View Profile

Message To: Glennbaggs   In reference to Message Id: 2190236

Fruit for my platey’s

From what I’ve read ya just have to keep offering a variety of fruits and veggies till ya find what they like. Mine still has not eaten anything but crickets and meal worms. I just keep trying, I have also tried banana and apple, as well as shredded carrots, shredded sweet potato, kale and romaine lettuce. So far she just seems to want whats alive!
Going to the grocery store tomorrow to pick up a variety of stuff I havent tried yet, lets hope I can find SOMETHING she will eat.

Good luck to us both.

11/30/10  05:05pm

Glennbaggs
View Profile

Message To: AndreaPurple   In reference to Message Id: 2190254

Fruit for my platey’s

thanks will try also. tomm

12/01/10  05:17pm

Flnatv
View Profile

Message To: Glennbaggs   In reference to Message Id: 2190236

Fruit for my platey’s

Ours seems to really like bananas, but it took a while. I have found that he is picky about what dish he uses. I have also purchased the freezedried fruits and veggies... he seems to like them okay, but prefers his bananas and lettuce.

My best advice is try fruits mixed together and separate... mine didn’t eat anything but crickets and bananas and I had to start mixing other things in with the bananas so he would at least try them.

12/14/10  06:53pm

Mdf
View Profile

Message To: Flnatv   In reference to Message Id: 2192748

Fruit for my platey’s

Yea i’ve tried all sorts so far with no luck at all from what i can see, i’ve tried big pieces small pieces, calcium powder on it & all sorts & still no luck.

I’ll just keep trying till i find something :)

12/15/10  03:15pm

Glennbaggs
View Profile

Message To: Mdf   In reference to Message Id: 2192840

Fruit for my platey’s

My wife gave them pasta and they licked all the sauce like crazy. spanky my male was doing the hard puff noise when she took it away. i guess they are a little Italian.

12/16/10  11:01pm

Mdf
View Profile

Message To: Glennbaggs   In reference to Message Id: 2193017

Fruit for my platey’s

Good one Glenn, did you put some cheese on for him! :)

12/18/10  12:36pm

Glennbaggs
View Profile

Message To: Mdf   In reference to Message Id: 2193161

Fruit for my platey’s

my wife feeds them all kinds of stuff now. she does not over due it though she is scared that the might die if they eat choc late or things like that. i will give you a list of the foods they like soon I’m writing them down little by little. i can tell you they like banana’s and tomato sauce.

12/19/10  07:35pm

Fairywild
View Profile

Message To: Glennbaggs   In reference to Message Id: 2193321

Fruit for my platey’s

I am still figuring out what mine will eat as well. It loves banana, canned cat food, and tonight he chose grapes over meal worms. I still can’t seem to get it to eat veggies though. I will have to try tomato sauce :-) .

09/24/12  03:16am

Back to Plated Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area