Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Plated Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Plated Lizards Forum

AndreaPurple   Rokdog   Mdf   AndreaPurple   Glennbaggs  
 Member  Message

AndreaPurple
View Profile

Yellow lined Plated Lizard question

Ok, I thought I had posted something here yesterday but I dont see it anywhere, so I dont know what I did wrong, but gonna try again....

I work at a Petsmart and we have these 2 yellow lined (throated) plated lizards and I have fallen in love with both of them, and I am about 99% sure that I am going to take them both home with me.
I’ve been doing plenty of research about them online and have been caring for them at work for weeks now and I know I am ready for them.

I’m just wondering something... is there a way to figure out how old they are? One is a female and one is a male. The female is about 12 inches (no more then 14) and the male about 14 inches (no more then 16). Will get pics here as soon as I can.

Thanks in advance.
Andrea
(currently have 2 corn snakes and a crested gecko)

11/27/10  12:08pm

Rokdog
View Profile

Message To: AndreaPurple   In reference to Message Id: 2189658

since you work at the store where the lizards are from.....why not ask or get in touch with the supplier/distributor as surely they would have the best idea as to age for they should know whether or not they are CBB(captive born bred), CB(captive born), FR(farm raised), or WC(wild caught).

11/27/10  07:32pm

Mdf
View Profile

Message To: AndreaPurple   In reference to Message Id: 2189658

Rokdog’s sounds like a good idea to me, you’ll probably find out there FR/WC, so’ll you’ll probably never know the true age, just make sure your set up is up & running at least a week before you take them home.

Gives you time to adjust temps /humidity & replace cage furniture to a better location with-out upsetting your captives during the settling down process.

good luck!!

11/28/10  02:51pm

AndreaPurple
View Profile

Message To: Mdf   In reference to Message Id: 2189777

I did ask my boss and he said that when he has asked them in the past they really dont know, I guess they dont keep track or something, I dont know. I believe they are captive bred.

Thanks guys.

11/29/10  04:45pm

Glennbaggs
View Profile

Message To: AndreaPurple   In reference to Message Id: 2190037

I also have two captive breed and want to start breeding them. i really want to find out more on them so please let me know anything you guys think i need to know glenn

11/29/10  07:20pm

Back to Plated Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area