Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Plated Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Plated Lizards Forum

Mdf   Nile/water monitors   Mdf  
 Member  Message

Mdf
View Profile

All 3 out nowadays:)

All 3 are comfortable out nowadays, still a bit shy when feeding though, hope you enjoy!

short locust feeding vid, still a bit shy feeding, but hopefully few months on they should be all feeding & moving like lighting!

11/20/10  03:53pm

Nile/water monitors
View Profile

Message To: Mdf   In reference to Message Id: 2188693

Congratulations, Patience’s is rewarding:) Can really see the progress your making. So, hows your new enclosure coming along? Have you learned yet when breeding age / season is for your trio? OT, I have a one year old male Bosc Savannah and just rescued a 8 week old baby Bosc Savannah about 4 weeks ago, gender unknown as of yet. "Maybe", if I have a compatible pair I may try breeding them some time in the future? I have to do "allot of research" and enclosure expansion / preparation before even considering a breeding project. Keep up the good work with your plated lizards, enjoy seeing the progress.

11/20/10  09:38pm

Mdf
View Profile

Message To: Nile/water monitors   In reference to Message Id: 2188744

Chris it’s hard to own 1 monitor, you usually end up with more, as for breeding the biggest setback i found was soil depth for nesting sites, if your using nest boxes shallow soil levels then your playing russian roulette with you captive.

Experience long term monitor keepers have few probs, us novices more of a challenge! that’s why these plated will have a min of 1 foot of soil, numerous times deeper than the plated body depth, hopefully i won’t be worrying to much in the future!

my view on captive breeding is yes we owe it to our captives to have ago, anyway started the build today>

11/21/10  03:51pm

Back to Plated Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area