Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Plated Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Plated Lizards Forum

Mdf   Glennbaggs   Mdf   Glennbaggs  
 Member  Message

Mdf
View Profile

Short vid of new plated 1 week on

I’m fairly show this is the male as for the others though i’m sure one of them is female, but not so sure on the other!! time will tell, their in a temp cage & i’m looking forward to building the next one, when i decided what shape it’s going be & where it’s going to be located etc!

10/30/10  04:03pm

Glennbaggs
View Profile

Message To: Mdf   In reference to Message Id: 2184729

i love your tank it is awesome. i also want to make a tank just like yours.I’m also going to try to breed them. lets keep in touch so we can figure out their live together. Glenn

11/29/10  10:46pm

Mdf
View Profile

Message To: Glennbaggs   In reference to Message Id: 2190135

Hello Glenn, yea that’s my intentions to breed, but time will tell, the info out there is totally crap!

I’ve read they breed once a year in the wild, but in captivity with constant correct temps maybe more, i would say once a year is down to their life of seasons in the wild as in savannah monitor, can’t be sure at the mo though.

Many care sheet point out how they like to swim & soak, but the tail isn’t one you associate with water living lizards, maybe more the requirement of humidity/heat at certain times of the year which could trigger breeding activity, but i’m not sure on egg incubation time at the moment.

Anyone who’s been their & done it, your secret would be appreciated!!:)

11/30/10  02:18pm

Glennbaggs
View Profile

Message To: Mdf   In reference to Message Id: 2190220

thanks i will be calling my friend at the zoo. to see if he can point me into the right direction or to someone who can. will keep you posted and thanks again.

11/30/10  03:53pm

Back to Plated Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area