Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Plated Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Plated Lizards Forum

Matevos   Matevos   Coolguy132435  
 Member  Message

Matevos
View Profile

Weird Behavior

Hello I am the owner of an African Plated Lizard. I’ve had her for approx. 3 years now and I got her when she was 3. Lately she’s been acting strange, mouth hangs open and she closes her eyes and doesn’t respond well. She hasn’t been eating much but has been drinking water. I bought her a new heat pad, heat bulb, and new substrate. I went from wood chips to coconut shavings is this ok? So anyways I have been keeping a close eye on her to make sure her condition doesn’t worsen. After I got the new bulb and other things she perked up a little but still sits with her mouth partly open. She’s been sneezing a lot too so I decided to take a closer look at her and I found her nostrils are plugged with dried blood, she also has a small scale deformation right above her left nostril. Does anyone know if this is something taking her into the vet can cure? Or is there something else I can do? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

03/02/09  06:21pm

Matevos
View Profile

Message To: Matevos   In reference to Message Id: 1961946

Weird Behavior

condition has worsend. she refuses to eat any thing i feed her. all i have in her cage is 6 crickets a water bowl, a small dish with small amount of lettuce and shaved carrots. alll she does is run to sit under the heatlamp and sits with her mouth open. i think she cn no longer breath thru her nose... my situation is becoming desperate. my family is on a tight budget and a vet is only a last resourt. can someone please help

03/05/09  05:45pm

Coolguy132435
View Profile

Message To: Matevos   In reference to Message Id: 1963716

Weird Behavior

hate to say it but i really think you should take it to a reptile vet

03/15/09  10:01pm

Back to Plated Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area