Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Plated Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Plated Lizards Forum

Tanganyikan_dreams   Stout Dude   Tanganyikan_dreams  
 Member  Message

Tanganyikan_dreams
View Profile

Help! lizard burns!

my plated lizard burned his tail, his heat lamp was too close to the cage i am assuming so i fixed that but now it looks like it is going to snap off... i am planning on disinfecting it with hydrogen peroxide, rubbing polysporin on it and then wrapping it with gauze. any other suggestions? i know this is ridiculous and i am ashamed to admit this has happened, but now i am just looking for advice.

05/12/08  04:11pm

Stout Dude
View Profile

Message To: Tanganyikan_dreams   In reference to Message Id: 1733037

Help! lizard burns!

let your lizard soak in some water for awhile to help its skin. if im right it will help dead come off on its own. (DONT TAKE IT OFF WITH YOUR FINGERS , BECAUSE THATS LIKE TAKING YOUR SKIN OFF RIGHT AFTER A SUN BURN) make sure the burn does not get infected. if there no improvment after awhile you might have to cut off (i know that sounds bad) as a last resort and it grow a new tail

05/12/08  08:39pm

Tanganyikan_dreams
View Profile

Message To: Stout Dude   In reference to Message Id: 1733420

Help! lizard burns!

okay, unfortunately after i wrote this, his tail ended up breaking off :S. but i soaked him and then disinfected it with hydrogen peroxide, and then put polysporin on it, wrapped it in gauze and what not. you think itd grow back though, hey? thats good news. i was curious because it seemed like there was bone in that, would bone regenerate itself? anyways... thanks for the input :D

05/12/08  09:43pm

Back to Plated Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area