Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Plated Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Plated Lizards Forum

Molizard   Fiery lioness  
 Member  Message

Molizard
View Profile

Overfeeding

I own a yellow lined plated lizard and was wondering if there was such a thing as overfeeding him? I dumped in 24 crickets today and in about 10 minutes i swear they are almost all gone. Is this okay? Or should i just put 10 in at a time? I thought they ate them when they are hungry - is it okay to leave crickets in the tank overnight? he only seems to be eating crickets and superworms. He is about a foot long.

04/15/08  06:15pm

Fiery lioness
View Profile

Message To: Molizard   In reference to Message Id: 1704523

Overfeeding

NO U CANNOT OVERFEEDHIM HE WILL STOP EATING WHEN HE IS FULL.AND BESIDES THEY STORE EXCESS FAT IN THEIR TAILS SORT OF LIKE CAMELS. THEY CAN GO A WEEK OR SO WITHOUT FOOD IF THEY HAVE ENOUGH FAT STORES .I USED TO PUT 100 OR SO CRICKETS IN MY CAGE JUST SO I COULD LISTEN TO THE SOUND AT NIGHT.BY THE WAY THEY DO NEED A RANGED DIET MEAT VEGGIES FRUIT ETC. AND A GOOD VITAMIN SPRAY WILL MAKE HIM A FRIEND FOR LIFE.HE WILL LOVE U FOREVER FOR IT. THEY ALSO LIKE GRAPES ,BERRIES, SMALL GREEN LIZARDS(WILD),AND FROGS(NOT TOADS THEY ARE POISONOUS)FROGS DONT HAVE WARTS AND ARE A BRIGHT GREEN.TRY DIFFERENT VEGETABLES TOO

04/17/08  07:27am

Back to Plated Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area