Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Plants-Vegetables-Fruit Care Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Plants-Vegetables-Fruit Care Forum

Skotty 7   WaterDragonsLair  
 Member  Message

 #149921


Skotty 7
View Profile





 Toxic plants

i have a recently bought a plant that i think is called a sweetheart plant, a species of philodendron and it has red sap. i keep anoles and tree frogs and was reliably told that toxic plant in a viv could eventually kill them through crickets eating the plant then the lizards and frogs eating the crickets. can anyone tell me first of all wether this is true, and if so is the philodendron a toxic plant.



09/27/04  6:08am

 #200027


WaterDragonsLair
View Profile



  Message To: Skotty   In reference to Message Id: 149921


 Toxic plants

yes the philodendron is poisonous, please do not use it. you can go to the ASPCA animal poison control website and check which plants are toxic or not. If the crickets are eating the leaves and then the reptile is eating the crickets, the reptile will get sick if not die depening on how much or how many crickets he has ingested. it is best to not use this plant at all. hope this helped



12/16/04  10:13am


Back to Plants-Vegetables-Fruit Care Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area