Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Plants-Vegetables-Fruit Care Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Plants-Vegetables-Fruit Care Forum

BumBa95   Froggz37   BumBa95   Minniemisspriss   ReptilesrockRBNY  
 Member  Message

BumBa95
View Profile

Wondering what live plants i can add

I have long tailed lizrads, green tree frogs, green anoles and a blue tailed skink and i was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind if live plants i could put in this setup with them that would be safe
any information would be greatly appreciated

04/25/07  10:18pm

Froggz37
View Profile

Message To: BumBa95   In reference to Message Id: 1259920

How large is your enclosure? Why are they all together? Rather unfair to the animals.

04/29/07  02:11am

BumBa95
View Profile

Message To: Froggz37   In reference to Message Id: 1263189

I have a custom made setup of my own design its 10ft long by 3ft wide by 2 1/2ft tall i made a small wading pool area for them along with numerous vines and such for them to each have their own areas but they do socialize together with no problems. but as i have asked i would like to know what types of live plants i can add so it looks more natural, any info would b greatly appreciated.

05/12/07  12:53am

Minniemisspriss
View Profile

Message To: BumBa95   In reference to Message Id: 1278662

Sorry I donít know what your pets eat, rather it be insects to greens I am not sure. I will go from what I learned with my iguana. The Benjamin Ficus tree is okay. My tree is still a baby and can not handle weight. But I know you can buy them at an older age. I also let my iguana sit up in my Umbrella plant/tree. He loved it up there. My tree is about 4 ft tall (including potter).

I would assume, that so long as your pets donít eat vegetation that any plant you want to put in the enclosure would be fine.

If the do eat vegetation then just type in your question in your search bar. You might find your answer. Or you could always call a vet who deals with exotic pets.

Please post a picture I would love to see what you set up looks like.

06/14/07  12:56pm

ReptilesrockRBNY
View Profile

Message To: Minniemisspriss   In reference to Message Id: 1318292

WELLLLLL WELLLLLL WELLLLL, I i would suppose that its the same way for my cresteds as it is for alll of those WONDERFUL animals you have there. Pretty much any plant is OK as long as its not toxic to the touch, can support your animals weight so incase the stuff on the inside IS dangerous, your wont risk your animal breaking off a stem or leaf and licking the toxins oozing out, YOU WILL BE FINE!!!!

and as you can see im ni a GREATSUPERLY DUPERLY GREAT MOOD TODAY!!!

06/19/07  01:19pm

Back to Plants-Vegetables-Fruit Care Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area