Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Parasites Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Parasites Forum

Battousai   Moesef   Steffy71   ES_Tropicals   Ceelo   Ian88   Redwoman5826   Redwoman5826   Derek Z.   Broceaus  
 Member  Message

Battousai
View Profile

Provent-a-mite

anyone ever had to use this stuff?unfortunatly i have.if done exactly to the "t" as the directions sayyou will destroy all mites.
i have tried many other procedures.i even took my old redtail to the vet and the woman wanted to give shoots of ivermectin.that didn’t work.
the provent-a-mite was alot cheaper too.and it erradicated all the mites.
i hate mites.i wage war on them with a love for my hatred of the little pests.
i am the anti-mite.
has anyone had problems with using it?

02/04/05  08:06pm

Moesef
View Profile

Message To: Battousai   In reference to Message Id: 240471

Provent-a-mite

How much does it cost? Can you get it at the pet store? Can you use it on leopard geckos? And there is this substrate called lizard litter that gets rid of parasites and prevents them from coming back, i’m going to try it out

~Moe~

03/01/05  10:34pm

Steffy71
View Profile

Message To: Moesef   In reference to Message Id: 262554

Provent-a-mite

careful with the lizard litter thought for mite control for leopard geckos, i dont know if it helps with the mites or not but when the geckos go after their food (crickets) they can unintentionally get some of the lizard litter with them and they can become impacted with the litter and could ultimately die from it,

04/05/05  03:40pm

ES_Tropicals
View Profile

Message To: Steffy71   In reference to Message Id: 298797

Provent-a-mite

Provent a Mite works great for reptile mites, it should never be sprayed directly on the animal, if you have mites, for snakes you can soak them in water with about 2 drops of dishsoap, this breaks the surface tension of the water, so the mites can’t breathe in a little air bubble under the snakes skin, and then spray the enclosure, with mites its better to switch to newspaper, as there will be less areas for the mites to escape, clean the enclosure and place new newspaper down, and spray it with the provent a mite, and let it dry, and replace the animal, and usually with just one treatment they are gone. You will find it for 20-25 bucks a can in any petstores (most I see don’t carry it), the online company that makes it, for businesses they get them 11.50 a can, for a case of 12, which is 138.00 plus the $10 shipping, but this is just for businesses, you will be paying more for it somewhere else, but thats how things are. I have heard nothing but good things about it, and it works great, If you use it correctly then you should have no problem with it.

04/21/05  03:28pm

Ceelo
View Profile

Message To: ES_Tropicals   In reference to Message Id: 317918

Provent-a-mite

I dont know how this product work but i am going to try it out.Its very inexpensive and hopefully it would work as good as rovent-a-mite.Has anybody ever used this product if so how good does it work?Click Here

09/06/05  12:24pm

Ian88
View Profile

Message To: Ceelo   In reference to Message Id: 469278

Provent-a-mite

I am using it right now a have sprayed my substrate with provent a mite and I sprayed my snake with this and put him in a container for now soo we will see how it goes!

Ian

10/06/05  07:06pm

Redwoman5826
View Profile

Message To: Ian88   In reference to Message Id: 503163

Provent-a-mite

I need to know if this stuff works with real plants and thick subterrain that canít be removed, I shop vac 2 to 3 inch out and replace it with new and I have these white mites that are a pain and some brown ones to I have done everything put this stuff and it hard to find in Ontario. here is a pic of my tank there has been some changes since this photo

10/23/05  11:28am

Redwoman5826
View Profile

Message To: Redwoman5826   In reference to Message Id: 520134

Provent-a-mite question

bump
PLeae help me with this

11/01/05  03:35pm

Derek Z.
View Profile

Message To: Battousai   In reference to Message Id: 240471

Provent-a-mite

It worked great for me but it doesnt work if you just put it on your snake you have to clean the whole tank out and spray it down with the spray and spray your snake and also spray all of his furniture with it.

03/27/06  08:55pm

Broceaus
View Profile

Message To: Derek Z.   In reference to Message Id: 712465

Provent-a-mite

dont spray on your snake or his furniture its strictly a substrate treatment!!! read the instructions!!! it will kill your snake!!! at least if were talking bout the same.

07/09/09  04:15pm

Back to Parasites Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area