Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Parasites Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Parasites Forum

Parn02   Manderzratz  
 Member  Message

Parn02
View Profile

Curious question on Wood mites (little white ones)

i noticed they started out in peat moss, and read thats what an extirminater called the little white ones that are visible to the eye (like little dust specs almost), there not springtails as they all dont jump about half an inch, I was wondering if anyone has tried spraying vinegar on them, and if vinegar would be harmful to my mice?, because now there is a Swarm of them on the Very top of the mouse enclosure, and some crawling on the sides, im thinking when i got my mice, the petstore must have an infestation of them or something. I asked him if he had any idea on what to do, and he had said hanging a flee collar in the enclosure keeps them away.

10/23/08  12:39pm

Manderzratz
View Profile

Message To: Parn02   In reference to Message Id: 1886128

Curious question on Wood mites (little white ones)

i wouldn’t use the collar. but again white vinegar (i don’t know if it kills mites) is safe for mice. clean the cage with it, rinse well, and let it dry and the smell dissipate. of course i wouldn’t spray the mice with it. but using it on the cage is fine. just move them (or the cage while cleaning it) to another room since it’s strong smelling.

10/23/08  08:47pm

Back to Parasites Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area