Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Parasites Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Parasites Forum

OMGitsAJae   Marg   Mr snitsels   Kojak  
 Member  Message

OMGitsAJae
View Profile

Please help MITES!

about a month ago an infestation of mites showed up. they are all over my snakes, i spray and clean their bedding everyday and they get sprayed and soaked everyday, but the mites are still all over the place.

n e body have n e better methods or know what to do??

05/10/07  06:36pm

Marg
View Profile

Message To: OMGitsAJae   In reference to Message Id: 1277132

Please help MITES!

You spray and clean their bedding everyday with What?

If you still have Mites Now, get your snakes to a vet!
Here is a Link to get P-A-M.
P-A-M (Provent-A-Mite) is the Only thing proven to eliminate a mite problem... if you have an infestation ...your snakes may need antibiotics... several treatments may be needed ...here is alos a Link for Mite Info...

06/25/07  02:39pm

Mr snitsels
View Profile

Message To: OMGitsAJae   In reference to Message Id: 1277132

Please help MITES!

get a nopest strip from a hardwar store.hang it in the center of your room. take you cages and seal them air tight and put no pest strip in the cages but they have to be air tight as posible let the cages sit with nopest strp in them for about a week during that week soak you snakes every day in tuppaware and put baby oil on their heads for about 12 hours and dump the watter out of the tuppaware and put whit paper in there and let them dry for 12 hours. make sure you vacume your room every day for that week you can even flea bomb your room if there is nothing in it. scrap everything that was in your cage unless they can withstand 350 degrees F for about 1.5 hours. and bake them. after the week take the pes strips out of the cage and let air out for a day or two. then put fresh bought bedding in it and leave the pest strip hanging in your room the pest strip that was in you cage cut a littel peice of it off and tape it to the wall behind the cage.

long timeconsuming prosses but its the only way i was able to get rid of my mites..... lol exceot i extended the process to two weeks lol it sucked

06/28/07  02:07am

Kojak
View Profile

Message To: Mr snitsels   In reference to Message Id: 1337239

Please help MITES!

Quote:

get a nopest strip from a hardwar store.hang it in the center of your room. take you cages and seal them air tight and put no pest strip in the cages but they have to be air tight as posible let the cages sit with nopest strp in them for about a week during that week soak you snakes every day in tuppaware and put baby oil on their heads for about 12 hours and dump the watter out of the tuppaware and put whit paper in there and let them dry for 12 hours. make sure you vacume your room every day for that week you can even flea bomb your room if there is nothing in it. scrap everything that was in your cage unless they can withstand 350 degrees F for about 1.5 hours. and bake them. after the week take the pes strips out of the cage and let air out for a day or two. then put fresh bought bedding in it and leave the pest strip hanging in your room the pest strip that was in you cage cut a littel peice of it off and tape it to the wall behind the cage.

Or.....
You could just purchase a can of Provent-A-Mite as Marg talked about, and be done with it in just a couple of days. Not only does this product kill all of the mites within just a day or two, it keeps them from coming back, and it kills all stages of development, to include eggs. The residue from the chemicals in this spray are effective from 30 to 90 days, or even longer. It is also very safe to use, and you can even feed your snake in the same enclosure that has been treated with it.
The secret to getting rid of mites is killing the eggs. I don’t care how you get rid of all the adults, if you don’t kill all of the eggs and larva, you WILL have mites again in a month or two.

01/20/08  10:53am

Back to Parasites Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area