Mountain Horned Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Mountain Horned Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Bmxking658   Bmxking658   Bmxking658  

Member  Message

Bmxking658
View Profile

New females staying very dark looking

My new females are staying very dark. My male looks bright and active. He is smaller than the girls and doesn’t seem to bother them. My humidity stays at 70% from the fogger hooked up to a zoo med hydrotherm. I have a monsoon that mists for 1 minute 3 times a day. Plus I mist before and after work. My average temp is about 70-74 with highest basking areas being 80 degrees. Night temps go down to 70 throughout the entire enclosure. I’ve had these girls for about a week now. Any info would be appreciated. O and I have a large water dish with a filter pump that acts as a waterfall.

02/28/16  04:14pm

Bmxking658
View Profile

Message To: Bmxking658   In reference to Message Id: 2317263

I noticed early this morning before their lights came on that they were alot brighter looking while sleeping. Could this be a stress issue or a health issue? Is this normal when they are rehomed? I’m still waiting to get a fresh fecal sample to check for worms or parasites. They have deficated and I’ve seen one girl take a nightcrawler from me but feeding is still slow and I need a fresh sample to test.

02/29/16  04:33am

Bmxking658
View Profile

Message To: Bmxking658   In reference to Message Id: 2317271

So I caught 1 girl pooping and right away did a fecal test. I found adult pinworms and pinworm eggs. I’m assuming both girls got them since I ordered them from the same place so I treated both with a medium dose of panacur. I gave my boy a low dose since he had pinworms when I first got him and I only gave him 1 dose in the past and now he’s living with two contaminated girls.

02/29/16  04:35pm

Back to Mountain Horned Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area