Mountain Horned Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Mountain Horned Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Bmxking658   Takahiro111   Bmxking658   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

Bmxking658
View Profile

New owner need help

I "rescued" a mhd from petco a few days ago that was there for months in the wrong conditions. It had a terrible shed problem that is now resolved from numerous soakings and proper enclosure conditions. I’m waiting for its first poop so I can test it for parasites or worms. He or she seems to be properly hydrated now and I’ve noticed a few dubia missing from a dish I think they can’t escape from. My main concern is the inside of its mouth is very slimy looking. Is that normal for these? Nothing is oozing out or anything. I mostly have experience with desert species and they only have a little slime to them. Also is there any other forums that people frequent? Thanks for any advice.

02/01/16  02:19pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Bmxking658   In reference to Message Id: 2316883

New owner need help

I’m not sure about other forums but I’m mainly a tropical reptile keeper than desert and none of my tropic herps have a slimy mouth. Although their mouth is a nice pink color with a little shine because the saliva.

02/01/16  02:36pm

Bmxking658
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2316884

New owner need help

Maybe it was the last stages of dehydration. Today the mouth looked normal and all the shed was gone. I did a fecal test and found alot of coccidia and some hookworm eggs. Gave some metronidazole this morning then I was thinking of a few days of probiotics before starting some panacur for the hookworms. I think it’s a boy since I slightly see hemipine bulges. Named him lucky because he will be lucky to survive being wild caught and months at petco. Thanks for the feedback.

02/02/16  03:47pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Bmxking658   In reference to Message Id: 2316895

New owner need help

Your welcome and I hope everything goes well

02/02/16  05:05pm

Back to Mountain Horned Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area