Mountain Horned Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Mountain Horned Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Onaway   Takahiro111   Luvmycritters  

Member  Message

Onaway
View Profile

MHD Strange Behaviour

Hello! My MHD has been behaving strangely since yesterday. For about the past 20 hours Flo has been mainly lying in her substrate and not hanging in her usual spots (on vines or her wall). She doesn’t seem too interested in food, although she just ate a large earth worm two days ago and it is not uncommon for her to not eat for a few days after a big feed. She is mainly stationary- flat on the ground with her head hovering. The only thing we’ve changed recently is her heating lamp (we got her a new infrared 40W bulb to sit beside her UVB bulb. Her last bowel movement (yesterday) was unusually smelly and liquidy. She went through a shed of her tail and back legs about a week or two ago.

Background info: I have had Flo for about 4 or 5 months. Bought her from a pet store (before I knew they were probably wild caught) but her health has been fine. She lives in a 40 gallon take, she has a large water pool with moving water, lots of vines, walls and plants to climb on, about 1-2" coconut rind soil as a substrate. I keep her temp between 70F and 80F and her humidity usually stays between 60-80%. Her diet mainly consists of earthworms, superworms and mealworms (occasional Horn worm for a treat) and is dusted with Calcium. She has a UVB that is on for about 8-12 hours per day. Her abdomen is enlarged- she has been to the vet to get this checked out. They xrayed her and did some tests and all came back negative and not pregnant. Their suspicion was liver/kidney disease, however this was over a month ago.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

01/17/16  09:37am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Onaway   In reference to Message Id: 2316599

MHD Strange Behaviour

Any reptile I get from a petstore I take to my vet asap. Reptiles are good for hiding illnesses before its too late, I recommend taking a fresh stool sample and flo to the vet

01/20/16  12:54am

Luvmycritters
View Profile

Message To: Onaway   In reference to Message Id: 2316599

MHD Strange Behaviour

How is Flo doing???????

02/17/16  10:07am

Back to Mountain Horned Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area