Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Mountain Horned Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Mountain Horned Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Luvmycritters   Cphill58   Luvmycritters   Cphill58   Luvmycritters   Cphill58   Luvmycritters   Cphill58   Luvmycritters   Cphill58   Luvmycritters   Luvmycritters  

Member  Message

Luvmycritters
View Profile

MHD lays second clutch!!

Hi all! So excited! Our MHD has just laid her second clutch of eggs! 10 or 11 and we were privileged to see her lay them! We bought her from a pet store back in February not knowing she was gravid. Two months later she laid 12 eggs. We have 8 of them incubating and all 8 are alive and well! We can see them moving around inside the eggs when we candle them!! Guessing this next clutch will be Christmas presents!! We absolutely love this lizard! She is super cool and I wish that more people knew about them and would breed them so they wouldn’t have to be wild caught. I didnt learn about that debate until after we bought ours! Hopefully her babies can start a breeding program for someone!!!! Just wanted to share!!

06/30/15  01:08pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Luvmycritters   In reference to Message Id: 2314095

MHD lays second clutch!!

Congrats ... how are they now???
I have a friend just lost hers for no apparent reason... she is really devastated. If you read this say hello with an update

Cp

07/25/15  11:02am

Luvmycritters
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2314320

MHD lays second clutch!!

Hey there! Since my last post my 8 eggs from first clutch are at 133 days! We are soo excited! I thought I killed them all twice but these guys are hardy! I let the vermiculite get too dry on two separate occasions and I was beside myself! Both times they made it and I can see them happily moving around inside their eggs! The second clutch looks like all 15 are fertile as well! We can’t wait!! I would like to keep a female for a buddy plus I think its so cool that we bought this lizard not knowing she was pregnant, learned and watched her symptoms of laying to incubating 2 clutches of eggs! I think she may be done. She has remained thin unlike after her first clutch. She looked plump almost immediately! I’ll update as soon as I have hatchlings! Thanks for checking in!!

07/29/15  09:20pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Luvmycritters   In reference to Message Id: 2314360

MHD lays second clutch!!

I hope she pulls through and recovers her weight ... consider adding a better type of calcium to her diet. A vet can dispense CALCIUM GLUBIONATE ... excellent for egg laying females.

You can also get it from
Beautifuldragons.com

Will be waiting for more news
Best of luck

08/01/15  04:57pm

Luvmycritters
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2314398

MHD lays second clutch!!

Hey Guys. So, I am on day 187 with Lizzy’s first clutch of eggs! Any day now!! I also have her second clutch incubating and they are almost 10 weeks old. Candled them and can actually see movement in some of the eggs already! Also, we just had our third clutch laid yesterday!! 16 beautiful eggs, but my hunch is that most of them are not fertile based on their glowing yellow appearance when candled. I’ll be sure to post when those babies hatch any day now!!!!

09/22/15  02:39pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Luvmycritters   In reference to Message Id: 2314979

MHD lays second clutch!!

Awesome ... load photos to photobucket and create a free album
then post a link here to the album... or drop individual IMG links

Congrats !!

09/24/15  10:33am

Luvmycritters
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2314987

MHD lays second clutch!!

Okay guys, sad day for me. Our three hatchlings died. Long story. I have 15 current eggs incubating with movement. I’m hoping to not make the same mistakes this next time around. After the 15, then I have 2 more from a third clutch she laid. Of those, Only 2 of 16 were fertile. I never planned on incubating eggs and boy has it been a long road but I have learned a lot and will continue to learn more I am sure!

10/04/15  06:56pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Luvmycritters   In reference to Message Id: 2315092

MHD lays second clutch!!

I am sorry ... how frustrating that must be.
Reminds me of my first few attempts with corn snakes...i kept losing the eggs...
after the 3rd attempt I was successful , but it hurts to loose little lives.

Good luck and many successes to you

I’ll pop in again

10/04/15  07:42pm

Luvmycritters
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2315094

MHD lays second clutch!!

THANK you for the encouragement!!! It was definitely a very sad day and kept me up at night thinking about all the mistakes we made. Life is God given no matter what form and when you see it die in front of you, its very sad!!! Thanks again for your kind words!!

10/06/15  07:41pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Luvmycritters   In reference to Message Id: 2315118

MHD lays second clutch!!

Your welcome ....I am confident that soon you will have some babies ... dont give up

10/10/15  11:17am

Luvmycritters
View Profile

MHD Hatcthling at last!!!

Hi All!!! I posted back in July that my MHD laid a second clutch of eggs and after incubating for 228 LONG days we have a single hatchling that is very happy and alert!!! We are hoping that all the others will follow in the next couple of days! It is soo adorable!! Will post pics very soon!!!

02/17/16  09:51am

Luvmycritters
View Profile

MHD lays second clutch!!

Hi All! Great news!! After 228 long days we have our first MHD hatchling!!! Doing great so far! Hoping for 10 more in the next few days! It is sooo adorable! Will post pics very soon!!

02/17/16  07:57pm

Back to Mountain Horned Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area