Mountain Horned Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Mountain Horned Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Crueloctopi   Crueloctopi   Takahiro111   Crueloctopi  

Member  Message

Crueloctopi
View Profile

Just have some questions!

I just got my MTD around a month ago, so I am still a little new to even owning a reptile, and I had some questions I thought some of you pros might know! First off, recently my little guy has become VERY active when I hold him. When we first brought him home he would mostly just chill on my hand, maybe crawl around and lay on my thumb, but now every time I pick him up he immediately wants to climb up my arm or like last week I was holding him and he jumped right on my chest! Is this something he’s doing out of fear? Like is he trying to escape? Or is this something he’s doing because he’s more comfortable with me now? Also, I know I have been calling him a he throughout this whole message, but I am actually not 100% sure that he is a he anymore. He’s still very small, but it seems that he may in fact be a she!

Here’s two pictures of him the best I could get of his tail area. Is it really just too early to tell?
If the links do not work, the photos are also in my photo album.

09/18/14  09:28pm

Crueloctopi
View Profile

Message To: Crueloctopi   In reference to Message Id: 2309809

Sorry, new to the site.

09/18/14  09:38pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Crueloctopi   In reference to Message Id: 2309809

Awww he’s so small...when you get a new reptile let him settle in his new enclosure before handling. He’ll climb on you which can be normal my chinese water dragons do it because they love the height and they can view everything better. When your lizard is really use to you and get a little bigger he’ll climb on your head lol. If he’s running away while your trying to approach then he’s scared because he’s so small and he thinks your gonna eat him. Most lizards climb on their owners my adult sav and water monitors would climb up my legs while I’m sitting on my bed and their nails is just right outrageous I really wish I could clip them down.

09/18/14  11:05pm

Crueloctopi
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2309811

I wouldn’t say he’s running away persay, because he doesn’t like it when I put him back in his tank either, but for the last couple days every time I handle him he tries to climb very quickly and fast, I am just afraid he will jump from my hands on accident and since he’s so small I don’t want him to get lost in my apartment. I cannot wait for him to get bigger so I can just have him ride on my shoulders!

09/18/14  11:09pm

Back to Mountain Horned Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area