Mountain Horned Dragons Forum
Loki & HD
Need info & advice on incubating eggs
I don’t know how far along Loki is in her pregnancy. I’ve place two separate containers in habitat as I had been instructed to do before.
1) Her mate, HD, keeps digging in one of them. Should I remove him from habitat until after Loki lays her eggs?
2) Is two tubs necessary? (First time there wasn’t a male with her). I was told to put her in plastic shoe box with substrate and someone else was going to incubate them for me. But of course they weren’t fertile)
3) I’ve read that she will dig a lengthy hole and back into hole to lay the eggs. Since I’ve never seen this process I am curious; do the eggs get buried half way like in all photos that happen to be in perfect columns and rows (joking in last part) seriously, will they be completely buried or partially?
4) Should I mist the soil or leave dry?
5) do I need to change interior temp for her?