Mountain Horned Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Mountain Horned Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dragon Ladie   Dragon Ladie   Timothylee  

Member  Message

Dragon Ladie
View Profile

Sick new Mountain Horned Dragon

I bought 2 Mountain Horned Dragons at a Reptile show a few days ago...I hadn’t noticed the male was sick until the ride home...I was told that the man had them awhile...it was the end of the show and he was packing up and was rude to top it off but my son wanted them so I went ahead and bought them...he told me their care is the same as Water Dragons so I was pretty confident I could care for them...WELL When I got home I looked them up and was shocked to find out they are Wild Caught and many have parasites...So Im thinking he has parasites and Im wanting to know what I can give him to get rid of the parasites...He is very lethargic and isnt eating much or drinking well at all and was wondering if I should force feed him something mushey to get food in him like squash or something as well...I have Beardies mainly and I have never bought anything wild before...I never intended to and never will again...The female is not happy and will bite at me and fight me when I pick her up to move her...Help :(

01/03/13  03:20pm

Dragon Ladie
View Profile

Message To: Dragon Ladie   In reference to Message Id: 2288783

I tried all I could syringe fed him but he died anyway :(

01/04/13  03:20pm

Timothylee
View Profile

Message To: Dragon Ladie   In reference to Message Id: 2288854

Hey for future reference, you should have two people hold s/he then they secure him and you pull down the dewlap and put in pedialyte and try feeding pieces of crickets and or whole live crickets, it should help him recover and make sure you take them to the vet .

01/22/13  08:40pm

Back to Mountain Horned Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area