Mountain Horned Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Mountain Horned Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

LCk   Stormy   LCk  

Member  Message

LCk
View Profile

MY MHD hasn’t been going to the bathroom

I have had my MHD for several months now. When I first got her I took her to the Vet for a check up and she had parasites. I treated her for the parasites, but have now read that the treatment sometimes messes up their digestive tracks. About one month ago she laid a clutch of eggs. She has not gone to the bathroom in quite some time now. She has still been eating and drinking regularly and is now shedding. I have added a probiotic to her water in hopes it will help restore her digestive track, but am worried it may be something else. There is a possibility an egg got stuck inside her which can cause issues with bowel movements.....

Also now that she is in process of shedding shes been acting a little weird. She loves to hang onto the wall of her terrarium and yesterday she fell backwards off of it, and this morning I noticed she was only hanging on by her hands while her feet dangled. I wonder if this is just because shes so uncomfortable in the shedding process. I soak her daily in warm water baths and rub her belly in hopes to get her to go to the bathroom but have not had luck yet.

I really don’t want to take her back to the Vet if I can avoid it because it really stresses her out. Any suggestions?

12/11/12  01:19pm

Stormy
View Profile

Message To: LCk   In reference to Message Id: 2287450

Are you sure her back legs are working properly? I had a MHD that laid a clutch of eggs and (no clue how or why) lost the use of her back legs. I had to put her down eventually. Could you call your vet, explain what’s going on and see if they have any ideas without bringing her back in? Make sure to explain you’re trying to avoid stressing her out any more than she possibly is... Hope this helps!!

12/11/12  02:19pm

LCk
View Profile

Message To: Stormy   In reference to Message Id: 2287452

I guess I have no choice but to bring her to the Vet - her back legs seem to be working I’ve seen her walk, I think she may just be freaking out a little about the shedding.

my main concern is that she isn’t going to the bathroom, I just hope she doesn’t have an egg stuck inside her still. I will call today, I don’t want to see anything bad happen to her.

12/11/12  02:37pm

Back to Mountain Horned Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area