Mountain Horned Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Mountain Horned Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Aunie   Aunie  

Member  Message

Aunie
View Profile

Can someone tell me why my MHD sleeps all day

My baby girl Mountain Horned Dragons name is "ACE", the guys at the pet store said she was around 3 years old(maybe shes younger.) She is pretty thin but a good length, pretty dark and light shades of brown.She loves crickets with calcium powder better than just plain crickets. At first she was pretty active, rambunctious even. She would climb up my shoulder in my hair and perch on top of my head. She likes to tower over things, or she would fall asleep on my chest and id wrap a jacket or blanket over us to keep her warm. Last night she started acting a little strange. She was very lethargic and kept going limp, of course she was breathing but she wouldnt even open her eyes. She has been sleeping all day, hasn’t even woken up to eat a cricket or drink from her Exo-Terra waterfall. I am also looking for some advice on heat and humidity... I have a Repti Basking Spot Lamp 50W. Should I get another light to raise the temp, and just have two
lights.. Thank You for your time and consideration.

11/03/12  08:15pm

Aunie
View Profile

Message To: Aunie   In reference to Message Id: 2284533

Can someone tell me why my MHD sleeps all day

Update: 11-04-2012
Little Ace passed away today :(
My poor baby girl Mountain Horned Dragon
I feel so lonely and heartbroken without her.Little Ace’s tank looks dark and empty, I hate it its just sitting next to my bed. I am so heartbroken I miss her so much already, I cant believe she really passed away this morning. I dont want to believe it, I dont think its really sunken in just yet. I had to have 1 vet and 1 expert tell me before I buried her. She was very sick, I also think she was dehydrated. This morning it seemed like she had a seizure, she fell off her branch sides ways, which it was barley an inch off the bark. Than she shook her head, burrowing her head into the wood chips, she shook her body and than tail. All of a sudden she took a deep breath and got really skinny so you could see her little ribs. It seemed like she wash holding her breath. I was so worried, I called 8 vets, most were closed on Sunday. I went to Pet Smart, where a vet checked her for a heart beat and checked little ace. She had no heart beat and the vet said she was so sorry for my loss. Than I went to the Pet store where I got her and the guy said I had everything I needed for her the crickets, the tank, the calcium powder, the Exo-Terra Waterfall with running water, the 50W UV-A lamp. He also said he had never heard of a MHD having a seizure, but agreed that it sounded like that’s what happened. She was far too young to pass away, I feel terrible. He said that there was nothing I could do and she was obviously just too sick. I had a nice burial and funeral for her today out in the woods where its nice and beautiful I made a wooden cross with flowers and butterflies to represent reincarnation and I had 3 rocks by the cross to represent the Holy Trinity, with ferns in the background. It was beautiful but devastating, but its been a long and very sad day. Ive been crying on and off all day, I still dont want this to be real. Rest in Peace Little Ace, Mommy loves you. I love you with all of my heart and all of my soul, *Always and Forever*

11/05/12  12:01am

Back to Mountain Horned Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area