Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Mountain Horned Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Xanaeth   Cphill58   LCk  

Member  Message

Xanaeth
View Profile

MHD wont poop

Hello!
We got our first MHD two weeks ago, she’s eating normal and she is docile, semi active (as much active as a MHD gets) but now we encountered a problem. She eats as i said every day, but she did not poop at all, (she did when we just got her for 3 days regularly) then she stopped. I read that they should go on a daily to two daily basis.. so now i’m pretty worried that something might be wrong. Her belly does not feel hard but it looks bloated. (see attached photos)
What can i do in this case? We also have a bearded dragon, and with him a warm-water bath usually helps. but i have no clue about the MHD since everyone says the temperature should not be higher than max 84°

for her eating behavior: i don’t know what they did in the pet-store but she does not want to eat meal worms. or anything that is slow moving. She really likes crickets tho and hunts them very actively when i put them in her terrarium. (she’s quick )

so yes i’m clueless why she is not pooping. i will take her to the Vet and have her checked if there is no solution.

terrarium is at ~78 - 80°F over day and around 72°F at night (never lower than 70) humidity is constantly between 70 and 80% she has a waterbowl that is big enough to soak in it and i spray her terrarium with water for humidity.

09/28/12  01:05pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Xanaeth   In reference to Message Id: 2281593

MHD wont poop

read this

10/28/12  12:13pm

LCk
View Profile

Message To: Xanaeth   In reference to Message Id: 2281593

MHD wont poop

I too am having an issue with my MHD not pooping regularly. I have had him for 3 weeks now. He pooped twice the first week I had him, and I found out he had parasites so I treated him with medicine from the Vet for a week, and will find out next week if it worked and he is parasite free. He eats every other day in which I’ve changed it up from crickets to wax worms and butter worms, I have fed him twice this week and have not seen any poop. The first 2 and a half weeks I had him in a 15 gallon tank, but a few days ago transferred him into an exo terra 18x24x36 terrarium with the whole setup inside. He has not gone since being in the new terrarium. Should I be concerned, it has been about 6 days since he last went.

10/29/12  12:13am

Back to Mountain Horned Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area