Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Mountain Horned Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Mountain Horned Dragons Forum

Alex.M   TheJokerDragon   Alex.M  
 Member  Message

Alex.M
View Profile

Is She Gravid?

in the past couple of days she hasn’t eaten and i have read that sometime they wont eat for a few days before they lay. and I read that they start to lay in October so if anyone can ensure if she is gravid that would be great. she has been in her encloser with a male that is about 2 weeks older than her. sorry if they look bad they were taken on my phone.

image taken today

image taken September 20th

i had to post this because she looks cute in this one aha.

10/06/11  07:25pm

TheJokerDragon
View Profile

Message To: Alex.M   In reference to Message Id: 2239470

Is She Gravid?

She doesen’t look bad. Most lizards stop eating because of shedding. They stop eating before they shed cause they’re to eat their shed and try to minimize eating intending on eating the old skin. She’ll be fine. It should last 3-5 days. If goes on for 10 days,you need to find a vet.

10/13/11  03:10pm

Alex.M
View Profile

Message To: TheJokerDragon   In reference to Message Id: 2240325

Is She Gravid?

no shes not in shed yet but yeah i figured out she was gravid. she dropped an egg in her water dish over night, i’m not sure if this is due to stress or not. she has dug a hole in the viv so i think shes about ready to lay. i stopped handling her a couple weeks ago and separated the male from her until she lays her clutch to help reduce stress also(she doesn’t seem stressed but it was recommended to me to take him out).

10/15/11  06:07pm

Back to Mountain Horned Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area