Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Mountain Horned Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Mountain Horned Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Chatterbox92245   Pocochu   Chatterbox92245   Pocochu   Chatterbox92245   Pocochu   Chatterbox92245   Pocochu   Chatterbox92245   Pocochu   Replvr55   Chatterbox92245   Replvr55   Aunie  

Member  Message

Chatterbox92245
View Profile

She isnt eatting....

so i just got my MHD a week ago tomorrow, i ended up buying her off an indivdual on Kijiji... Now when she came to me she was (and still is unfortuantely for the time being) in a 18’x18’x18’ terririum, she didnt have any running water, there wasnt even a hydrometer in her cage, with one large branch item. now i ran out almost right after that and bought a heat pad, water fountain, proper lighting, proper substrate and what not to try and make her as comfortable as possible... now she was also really dehydrated and shedding, so i started to soak her in water for 15-20min a day and thats has gotten better, but she isnt eatting now, at first when i got her she would eat 3-5 superworms ( when given the choice of superworms or demoblized live crickets she went for the superworms) but now she hasnt eatten anything for 2, almost 3 days, and she has only pooped 2 times, the 2nd day i had her and today day 6....what do i do?

02/25/10  07:28pm

Pocochu
View Profile

Message To: Chatterbox92245   In reference to Message Id: 2127152

She isnt eatting....

The first thing I need to ask is what are your temps & humidity levels? Does she have a UVB light?

You might try giving her some baby food in a syringe..meat & veggies are real good...also give her some pedialyte or gatorade ....you can even add some to the bath water...

Do you know how old is she?

Annie...>^..^<

02/26/10  08:27am

Chatterbox92245
View Profile

Message To: Pocochu   In reference to Message Id: 2127291

She isnt eatting....

my temps are ranging from just about 84 being extremely high to 70-72, never getting below 70 and her humidity now is between 65-82, average is 75, i also spray her directly very lightly 3-4 times a day with room temp water. the only reason i know this detailed i have been keeping a chart/record goin. i have a top of the line 10.0 uvb bulb with a regular bulb. and i dont know how old she is :(, i think the previous people said she was a year, but then agian the people dropped her off and took off in less then 3 mins so i could exactly ask them very many questions u know.. but i will most definately try the baby food thing, thank you

02/26/10  05:22pm

Pocochu
View Profile

Message To: Chatterbox92245   In reference to Message Id: 2127418

She isnt eatting....

Your Welcome,
You know if she about a year old..she might be gravid...they will produce eggs with or w/out a male...You know another thing...You might want to run a fecal test on her and she if she has parasites..any vet can do it..you don’t even need to take her in just scoop the poop..LOL and take it in....Or you can worm her your self..there are some OTC (over the counter) wormers you can get.... if you want some more info just let me know...

Annie...>^..^<

02/26/10  08:40pm

Chatterbox92245
View Profile

Message To: Pocochu   In reference to Message Id: 2127501

She isnt eatting....

Well she still isnt eatting, but she is shedding now, more then ever, but i have a new problem...her mouth just under her jaw is swollen on the one side...i would attach photos...if i knew how....

03/02/10  11:00pm

Pocochu
View Profile

Message To: Chatterbox92245   In reference to Message Id: 2129130

She isnt eatting....

Oh No that doesn’t sound good...that might be a sign of MBD....

To post photos go to photobucket dot com and make you an account and downlaod your pictures there and copy the IMG code and paste it in your post....

Annie...>^..^<

03/04/10  05:37am

Chatterbox92245
View Profile

Message To: Pocochu   In reference to Message Id: 2129634

She isnt eatting....

whats MBD??? and here is sum pics

03/04/10  08:33am

Pocochu
View Profile

Message To: Chatterbox92245   In reference to Message Id: 2129662

She isnt eatting....

MBD is Metabolic Bone Disease......Here’s some info to help you..too must to copy & paste...LOL..Link

Could you get a picture of her belly for me..I think she may be gravid and that could explain the MBD & the not eating....

Thanks,
Annie.....>^..^<

03/04/10  08:52pm

Chatterbox92245
View Profile

Message To: Pocochu   In reference to Message Id: 2129933

She isnt eatting....

Thank you soo sooo sooooooo much you have no clue how much of a help u have been, im happy i found this site, so tomorrow im goin to force feed her the baby food with calcuim supplement in it and hopefully the lump will go away, but for those photos here you go, what do u think?

03/04/10  11:28pm

Pocochu
View Profile

Message To: Chatterbox92245   In reference to Message Id: 2129989

She isnt eatting....

Oh you are so welcome.....It’s been real dead over here on the MHD forum..I usually pop over here just to see if any one needs any help..you can always find me on the iggy or water dragon forum...We have a few other members that come on here..but I haven’t seen them in a while...

But anyways getting back to your dragon..she doesn’t look gravid...but it does look a little big (her tummy)...It could be parasites (worms)...Have you had a fecal test done on her? Most of these little guys are wild caught and are full of parasites...You know what you could try is get some wormer...You can try some OTC (over the counter) wormers..One of them is Worm Guard by Nature Zone..or you can order some Parazap online....both are very good natural wormers..I use the worm guard.....You can find it in most pet stores...

The swelling doesn’t look bad under her jaw..just keep an eye on it...She does look like she’s got some old shed on her belly....Give her a warm bath and put a few drops on mineral or olive oil in the water and just let her soak for a while...won’t hurt her if she drinks the water...

Annie....>^..^<

03/05/10  01:07am

Replvr55
View Profile

Message To: Pocochu   In reference to Message Id: 2130009

She isnt eatting....

How is the MHD doing??

03/10/10  03:20pm

Chatterbox92245
View Profile

Message To: Replvr55   In reference to Message Id: 2131723

She isnt eatting....

She is doin pretty good now im thinking, i got her a new cage just over a week ago, its way bigger, her swelling in her lower jaw is almost gone, she is really active, but she still seems to be shedding, its been almost 4 weeks now, and i soak her every other day, misting all the time, as well im still force feeding her baby food, because of the MBD, but other then that she couldnt be happier i think, but im also thinking now of getting another one for company for her, as well build a huge aquatium/ cage for them.
Her new cage

Still have to get more branchs and what not.. the cage itself was 200,

03/16/10  05:07pm

Replvr55
View Profile

Message To: Chatterbox92245   In reference to Message Id: 2133381

She isnt eatting....

Yeah I bought one of those got it for 80 bucks! It was a steal from what I can tell. Brand new. But, my MHD didnt do so well and I ended up givin it to the vet. Broke my heart but he is well the ver said. Back on meds for parasites and his skin issue but he said he looks good. the screen cage didnt hold moisture. A lady that keeps tropical lizards that need humidity like MHD’s said to put live plants in there. Like on your box you got ur cage in, that huge plant will keep moisture in from what she says. So, if you want to I would. Go to a good plant place and tell them what you need. A pesticide free large plant that has normal soil and make sure it isnt toxic to your MHD. there is a list on FroggieB’s website. They like to be covered up also all in the shade. Also, a mister will do you good if you cant mist yourself all the time. Wrap it in plastic and leave top alone. It holds moisture....
I know you said you were tight on money so the plany and ceran (sp) wrap will help it for now. Make more shade as well.

Good luck,
Lauren

03/19/10  04:27pm

Aunie
View Profile

Message To: Replvr55   In reference to Message Id: 2134275

She isnt eatting....

My baby girl Mountain Horned Dragons name is "ACE", the guys at the pet store said she was around 3 years old(maybe shes younger.) She is pretty thin but a good length, pretty dark and light shades of brown.She loves crickets with calcium powder better than just plain crickets. At first she was pretty active, rambunctious even. She would climb up my shoulder in my hair and perch on top of my head. She likes to tower over things, or she would fall asleep on my chest and id wrap a jacket or blanket over us to keep her warm. Last night she started acting a little strange. She was very lethargic and kept going limp, of course she was breathing but she wouldnt even open her eyes. She has been sleeping all day, hasn’t even woken up to eat a cricket or drink from her Exo-Terra waterfall. I am also looking for some advice on heat and humidity... I have a Repti Basking Spot Lamp 50W. Should I get another light to raise the temp, and just have two
lights.. Thank You for your time and consideration.

11/03/12  08:26pm

Back to Mountain Horned Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area